We had a group of four and were very excited to come here. We are North American and have been looking for/craving a great burger in HK for months. We tried here because of all the reviews advertising this place as the best. While the burgers were very delicious - all four of us were very happy with the taste - there were several things I wish I had known before deciding to come:
1) There is almost no space to move, and the seated crowd is very pushy. If you decide to eat in it's an additional 10%. There wasn't space at first, but when we got out burgers the place was empty with no new customers. We asked if we could eat our takeout inside, and were roundly scoffed. So we walked another 10 minutes to find seating in a park.
2) The fries had an interesting rosemary flavor, but were not hot or crispy, probably because of the wait time + walking to find seating. The ketchup it comes with had cloves that two of us didn't like.
3) The service was unpleasant, and I didn't feel like I was at a cool burger joint, but rather an inconvenience to the staff. Seeing replies to unfavorable comments on this site definitely confirms that.
4) Despite boasting 90+ ingredients, and long preparation times, I wasn't hit with many distinguishable ingredients at all. There was some chutney sauce, lettuce and a cucumber that stood out, but that was it (see picture)! Maybe I'm not enough of a foodie, but it really did just seem like a regularly structured burger with excellent meat and a fluffy brioche bun. A good burger yes, but not innovative like I expected.
5) The kitchen is small, so if there are many people be prepared for your burger and fries to take over 30 minutes to prepare.
6) Overall, I've spent a lot less for a lot more in the past, so while this place will satisfy your craving for a good burger, you may still leave feeling a bit ripped off.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.