“Beer and burger for the win ”
Review of Electric Ave - MOVED

Electric Ave
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Neighbourhood: Western (Sai Wan)
Description: We Have Moved.. To 301 Queens Rd West. We Still Are Focused On Killer Burgers But Will Slowly Introduce Some Pasta/pizza Dishes
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Smashed the Classic, rosemary fries and a Tafel. I’ll definitely be back for seconds. And thirds. Epic little spot tucked away down an alleyway just off first. The staff are absolute crackers too well done boys.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Jess_thelilj

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I have enjoyed many good burgers around HK...a little too frequently...but this place is the best. Been here a few times and it never fails.

This is a small enterprise and it's clear that a lot of care and effort goes into every detail of every burger. The menu is kept small but it has range; the toppings and condiments are imaginative and crafted, yet the flavour is balanced and not pretentious. The result is just really delicious food which comes in good portions and packed with flavour.

Best chips and fries in HK, too!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 1 November 2017

After a lot of dilemma I have decided to write this review. I have been a few times and this is an ok burger. The buns are good and I like the choices of cheese. For an excellent burger to be at that price point, common practice outside of HK is, the place asks what temperature you would like the burger cooked and it is grilled. Unfortunately, neither of these are true. Electic Ave burger actually seems watery- not juicy, but just plain watery, maybe there are just too many things that go into the burger that are not exactly meat, I am not sure. Also, it has sort of a bitter taste, again maybe just too much fillers in it. The decor is cool. I guess the one thing that turned me off is in regards to service. We came in a few months ago (not sure exactly) for a promotion of the Big Mac Burger with a group. We asked for the promotion and the owner was not too happy about it. We had been in once before and he must have remembered us and said that the promotion was actually meant to be for new customers only, but he would do us a favor. He continued to talk about how business was slow. By paying for something publically promoted, I do not see how that is a favor. So we ate the burgers feeling guilty- we just wanted that special and that was the price promoted, no need for him to guilt trip us. So overall- good buns, interesting toppings, watery (not juicy) fried burgers, and average service.

Date of visit: May 2017
5  Thank SaiYingPun123456
Chi Sin B, Owner at Electric Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Agh you again. So after talking to you on FB you then decide to review here, openrice and talk to all of your friends about this (your words, not mine) and so here is my response. You have made your point, you are not one of the believers, that's ok, now move along there is nothing more to see. Quite honestly i am too tired and I have too many health problems to worry about people like you. Scurrying around the internet trying to damage, damage, damage. Oh and by the way, what you are doing makes you very small. You probably think you are powerful through anonymity huh. Get a life.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Went to this place by chance as it was near my hotel. Luckly me. After a few weeks travelling in China and the East, needed 'western ' food for a change. Excellent burger and real potato chips well cooked with a nice blond beer. Very satisfied customer!!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Pat E
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The quality of the ingredients, the homemade ketchup, the Rosemary fries, the bone marrow chips, the South African wine are the perfect combination for the best burger place in Hong Kong!
If you are all about the meat, that's the place! But my favorite is the chicken carbonara.
Great food, cool and relaxed atmosphere, and super friendly staff.
A must visit when in Hong Kong!

Date of visit: October 2017