“Beachside Pizza Bar + Cocktails”

Amalfitana Artisan Pizza Bar
Reserve a table
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #3,794 of 15,388 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$18 - US$32
Neighbourhood: Bays Area
Description: Amalfitana is an Artisan Pizza Bar drawing its inspiration from the Amalfi Coast. Located at The Pulse, Hong Kong’s longest and largest beach-front shopping mall situated in Repulse Bay. Italian born Chef Michel Degli Agosti, seasoned and experienced from training and working as a Pizzaiolo in Italy and London, will head the culinary team. The menu is rooted with tradition but modernized for today. Yes, the classic pizza is a mainstay, but alongside it, you will also find an exciting array of creative toppings, seaside small plates, and fresh salads, among others. Playing an important role is the beverage program highlighted by house-made Limoncello infusions, a Spritz list, and multiple variations on the classic Negroni. It will also feature classic cocktails and an Italian centric beer and wine list. We look forward to bringing you a taste of Amalfi with a vibe of The Pulse.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of several easy, casual places to have a meal or drink along the beachfront promenade at Repulse Bay. The pizza bar is very popular and gets pretty busy both with take-away orders and dining in.
The front of the restaurant opens right up so you can sit alfresco-style and overlook the ocean. We sat here recently watching the sun set while having a cocktail (can highly recommend the Quando, one of their signature drinks, with jalapeno and pineapple infused tequila).
We also shared a couple of pizzas, the Pepperoni and Capricciosa. We definitely needed a pizza each. One is not enough between two as they are a thin base with light toppings. Pizzas are fairly simple but tasty and they came out piping hot. They mostly ranged from $170 - $190, with a couple of specialty ones being $240 or $250.
Service was friendly and efficient and overall, this was a very pleasant spot to be when spending time by the beach.

Date of visit: April 2021
40  Thank Mairwen1
Write a reviewReviews (57)

Reviewed 9 May 2021

Booked a table for Mother’s Day lunch more than 2 weeks ago. Called back to confirm. When we arrived they claim we didn’t book and then miraculously had a reservation at their Central branch which wasn’t even open on Sundays when I booked 2 weeks ago.

Absolutely the worst service at any restaurant in Hong Kong. Rude and unfriendly.

Date of visit: May 2021
Amalfitana Artisan Pizza Bar, General Manager at Amalfitana Artisan Pizza Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Good afternoon Anuj,

We apologise that you had a bad experience with Amalfitana, we are looking into the error with the booking system. We apologise for the confusion and inconvenience will get back to you as soon as we have determined how this had happened.

Amalfitana Management

Reviewed 21 February 2021

The pizzas I had here are excellent every time. Yes the price is very steep for pizza, but at least the pizza is worth it.

The service is horrific everytime. I'm talking about dine-in, and take-out (via Deliveroo, Food Panda, etc.). When you're dining in, the seats are always dirty. Servers are inattentive, and the whole floor staff always seem miserable. The cutlery and glass are always dirty as well.

Whenever I order take-out, there are always issues. Sauces are sometimes not placed inside ramekins, and they literally ladle the tomato sauce on a calzone directly onto the cardboard pizza box (which has holes),
garnishes on the pizza are occasionally missing,
They gave me a completely different pizza than what I ordered and made me go through great lengths to prove that I actually did not receive the pizza I ordered,
and now, after waiting for the pizza for 50 minutes, they decided to refuse my order. This is probably what triggered me to write this review after hating their service for the last year.

Regardless of how good their pizzas are, I will never order or dine-in at Amalfitana again because of how they treat customers.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Liam29926
Amalfitana Artisan Pizza Bar, General Manager at Amalfitana Artisan Pizza Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2021

Good afternoon,

Amalfitana would like to apologise for the bad experiences that you have had with us. We regret that you has so many negative experiences. We have already taken steps to address the concerns that you have listed in your review. We have also reached out to our delivery partners.

We are continuously looking at ways to improve our service and with the feedback given we will strive to improve in all areas.

Once again we apologise for the negative experiences that you have had.

Amalfitana Team

Reviewed 14 September 2020

Happened to be passing by and popped in here for a late lunch one day and we ordered three pizzas and cold drinks.
The pizzas were a decent size, freshly cooked and tasted very nice. Memories of being on holiday in Italy in fact. Thought they were almost that good.

The staff are polite enough but looked scruffy. A shame because they let the side down.

I thought the prices were reasonable, not too expensive but not cheap. Menu was easy to read and had sufficient choices.

Would have given it a higher rating had the staff been better attired and not just smiling when it came to the possibility of a tip with the bill.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank HKPiper
AmalfitanaHK, General Manager at Amalfitana Artisan Pizza Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2020

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review Amalfitana, we appreciate the feedback. We are coming to end of summer and are looking at getting new uniforms for the winter months.

We hope to see you again soon, where we hope to wow you into giving us a 5 star review.

Amalfitana Management

Reviewed 19 July 2020

Great food, great people, great views! I have been dining at Amalfitana's for a few years now and recently had lunch there with a friend mid-week. As always, it was relaxed, fun and delicious. Drinks fresh and fun and pizza absolutely delicious: super thin and great choices. It was a sunny Wednesday lunch and very busy. The wait staff were terrific - all smiles, drinks served pronto as was the food. Super mellow place, real beach bar vibe and IMO one of the best - if not THE best pizza in HK. I know there are some negative reviews here: cannot understand why. My family, friends and I have always had a great time and I am sure you will as well :-)

Date of visit: June 2020