“A Perfectly Average Hotel”

Beijing Mandarin Fortuneland Business Hotel
Ranked #3,383 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 27 March 2016

I have been travelling to Beijing frequently and Beijing Mandarin Fortuneland Business Hotel is my hotel.

The hotel is perfectly average for staying. I always stay around 2 weeks every time and it always very comfortable. The room rate is cheap and the rooms are quite okay to sleep. WIFI is free sometime slow but it is quite okay as well. If you are a vegetarian or a halal eater please dont go for free breakfast, it's not for you, but if you like to try chinese breakfast GO for it.

It is conveniently located near to Shungjing Station Line 10 of subway station (around 10 minutes of walk) and 20 minutes of walk to Guomao station Line 1 and Line 10 as well.

Restaurant are great around this area, bars are also good.

The only not good thing is the staff are not good at English, so sometime its a problem communicating with them. Some rooms have missing bathroom doors and TV wall fitiings, please check it as soon as you enter the room and ask them to change the room. Also, their deposit changes everytime you check in and nothing is free in the mini bar (not even water), no soap in bathroom just a shampoo type thingy which is not good.

But rest assure you'll have a comfortable stay..

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We were really looking forward to our 4 night stay in 2 deluxe suites, the pictures on ctrip looked incredible and on the website it was rated 4 out of 5 so we were very excited. This did not last more than 1 minute after we arrived at the hotel, the reception looked shabby at best and then the staff didn't speak English and considering this was meant to be an International hotel we found this a bit odd. As soon as we entered our 2 'deluxe suites' we were gobsmacked not only did they not look like the pictures advertised there was dirt and stains everywhere. The carpet in the bedrooms was filthy with burn holes and stains. Th bathroom was filled with mould. There were coffee and tea stains all over the white sides, and the electrics did not appear to be safe. We then complained to recpetion and they showed us 4 other rooms so that we could maybe change rooms and each one was worse than the previous which we then decide that no way were we staying here. When we finally got our money back and left we saw the main entrance (we entered in a side entrance) and oh my god I have never seen something so vile there was literally rubbish everywhere leading through the carpark to the street. Previously being a travel agent and I have done a lot of travelling and especially through China as I now live here (from the UK originally) this is the worst hotel I have ever seen and the pictures I have uploaded are only a snippet.

Room Tip: Don't book the deluxe suite
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have 03 rooms for 02 nights, and we were 04 people stayed here in June 2013. This is my worst stay in Beijing, as the hotel is ruined by his management. The rooms, the furniture and all the stuff is look like at the end of their age. The service was average and counter staff is not well cooperative. The hotels looks like an old theater of early 60's. Its being part of Mehood group

Room Tip: Choose any room as you have no choice here
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Pros:
Crazy mushroom lobby
Funky wall treatments and furniture
Quiet
Spacious rooms
Soft comfortable bed (which can be hard to find in China)
Wifi
Okay Chinese style buffet breakfast

Cons:
Rooms smell faintly of smoke (common in China)
Everything seems a bit dirty around the edges
No free drinking water
Transparent door to the loo

All in all, it was fine. The location is good and I enjoyed the groovy 70's ambiance. I felt like I should put on some Barry White and get together with my special someone, except maybe 7 years ago when all of the furniture and fixtures were new.

Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I spent 3 weeks in the Fortuneland Hotel and found it to be a pleasant stay. I was on an internship working in the centre of the business district everyday meaning the location of the hotel was important. Only walking distance from shops and 2 major subway stations meant that I didn't need to go far for much making my stay so much easier since I knew little Mandarin.
The staff were helpful and worked very hard to please guests despite limited English. The food in the hotel was traditional Chinese meaning breakfast didn't appeal to many westerners but if you're willing to try something new then it isn't that bad. The choice for dinner wasn't fantastic but was inexpensive.
My room was very large and clean. The toilet blocked a few times but with a call to reception it was fixed very quickly.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend to anyone looking for a prime location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business