US$112
US$199
WHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
All reviewssecret wall tourgreat wall tourmovie roomcommon roomforbidden citysocial areaminutes walk to tiananmen squaremeet other travellerstriple roomgreat wall of chinaexcellent locationhot showerspeak english very wellnoodlesmetro stationrestaurants and shopscleaning staff
Reviewed 14 June 2018

couldn't forget this warmth comfortable room in the icy freezing winter vacation days.

the hostel is exactly located in the good location, not faraway from MRT station QianMen (Line2), ZhuShikou (Line7) just within a walking distance.

the hostel staff was very friendly, supportive mind, and hospitality.

the small road in front of the hostel was the famous ancient old Beijing historical shopping street, while it's so peaceful serenity atmosphere in the room.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Was doing a short stop over in Beijing and didn't want to pay for anything over the top, so decided to book a single room at a hostel.

It's true when they say, you get what you pay for.

I arrived early, around 9:30am and had them arrange a pick up from the airport for me as this was my first time in Beijing (380 yuan).

The shuttle service was good, van was clean and tidy and the drive to the hostel was about an hour.

When I arrived (10:30), the staff weren't very friendly or accomadating. They said I had to wait until 12:00pm for possible check in and could leave my gear in their security room, no security, no door and people just came in and out without being checked or asked what they wanted in the room. I probably wouldn't want to leave anything of value, as it could go missing quite easily. I left my bag but took my valuables with me and went to the lounge area, which was very dark and hard to see anything. I ordered a coffee but the guy who serverd me wasn't that interested in making me one. I then did a walk around to get my bearings of the surrounding area.

After finally getting to check into my room after 1:00pm, I was disappointed with what I was given. Room was very run down, clean but could do with a tidy up.

The room I thought I was getting as to their website didn't look like the room that I got.

Airconditioning worked, there was plenty of hot water for a nice long shower but the tv remote didn't work and it took them 2 days to replace the batteries.

The staff that worked nights, especially the young girl was rude, unfriendly and more interested in eating or playing on the internet or on their mobile phones.

I was made to wait 5 minutes or more before she made eye contact with me to acknowledge me, and when I requested or asked for something she was not very helpful at all.

All in all, it's cheap and close to everything. Easy to walk around the place and the subway is close by.

I didn't eat there so cannot comment, as there were too many other cheaper places to go eat and drink at.

If you're travelling to Being for the first time, don't get their shuttle service, the subway from the airport to Qianmen station is about 30 minutes (4 yuan) one way and about a 10 minute walk to the hostel.

I've lived in Thailand and Maylasya before, so when you ask an Asian person for directions or advise, just do your research before as they will either point you in the wrong direction or tell you something you want to hear which may not be correct.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I had never stayed in a hostel before and I think that this was probably the most mild hostel experience! It was a very comfortable environment and all of the employees spoke great English. The bar and grill offered what I would consider comfort food which my friends and I appreciated as we had eaten so much Chinese food already. We stayed in a 3 bed private room with a bathroom! My friends complained about flies in our room but I didn’t see many. The private room was perfect for us as the girls with me were very uncomfortable with hostel idea. By the end of the stay, they came around due to all of Leo’s opportunities. They shuttled us to the airport and also had a fantastic Great Wall tour! I would absolutely go back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Myself & my boyfriend arrived in Beijing early hours in the morning. At 4am we knew our room wouldnt be available but we were aloud to rest in the bar area. Check in was at 12 but we were aloud our room at 11am. We stayed in a four bed dorm, there was plenty of space and storage lockers (only big enough for small luggage). We had shared bathroom but it was constantly cleaned, the hostel was spotless! We were just up the road from qienmen market, a short walk from forbidden city and transport to other tourist places were very close by. They provide tours which are reasonable prices, we chose the great Wall tour and would definitely recommend booking through the hostel at around £30 with transport entry and a meal. We really enjoyed our stay here and met some lovely people, I'd definitely stay again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolejmann
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in this hostel. The location is really amazing, you can walk to the forbidden city and have loads of restaurants, super markets, the metro etc close by. The common area is also quite ok. However our private room was not worth the money. The room was super humid and smelly and would desperately need some reparations. But the worst part was the bathroom which smelled so badly you reconsidered to take a shower or not.

But I can really recommend their „Great Wall Tour“. Everything was organized well and we got brought to a spot of the wall where it was basically only our group and nobody else. The tour was definitely worth going!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple