“Amazing end to my Asia Adventure!”
Review of WildChina Travel

WildChina Travel
Ranked #73 of 448 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Chosen as National Geographic's BEST Travel Company on Earth for China & Tibet, WildChina is a trendsetting travel company based in Beijing. WildChina caters to the curious traveler, offering socially responsible travel and off-the-beaten path adventures in China and beyond.
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I contacted WildChina because I knew they were members of Virtuoso. Virtuoso is the “Best of the Best” in the travel world and there is some extreme vetting that takes place to be accepted to be affiliated. Every tour provider wants to have the ability to display the Virtuoso gold seal of approval only a handful get to.

I was going to be spending three weeks in South East Asia and thought that since I was “in the neighborhood” I would pop up to Beijing to see the Great Wall and Forbidden City. I only had two nights I could spare which equates basically to one day for touring so it was a tall order to try to see the sights without it feeling like a marathon. WildChina planned everything beautifully.

Our guide Abraham was a delight, extremely knowledgeable but also friendly and fun. He went well above and beyond in his service. He knew I was on a mission to bring back for my son some Udon noodles and rice noodles and took it upon himself to find them in his spare time in the evening!

As we headed out at 8am we reached the wall with no one in sight and had it to ourselves for about a half hour. Abraham encouraged me to go out of my comfort zone (while also saying he would take the chairlift down with me if I was too afraid) and I tobogganed down the Great Wall that is something I won’t soon forget!
They arranged for a fantastic lunch at a great restaurant to refuel before the Forbidden City. It was a fantastic day!

Then, because I was staying at Aman Summer Palace Abraham arrived at 8am the next morning to tour that with me before I had to leave for the airport to fly home. It was amazing how much we covered in so little time without feeling rushed. That is the epitome of an expert planner. I would recommend spending more time than I did, we need to return/especially when it is warmer, but it was a wonderful ending to my Asia Adventure. I can’t recommend WildChina enough!

1  Thank Ann M
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. I can feel your happiness radiating from your smiling face when you took the toboggan down the Great Wall. We’re on the way to being “Best of the Best”. Doing better than yesterday is our goal each and every day. You’re right, two days is not enough for showing you how beautiful and rich the culture and history of Beijing is. We welcome you to come again to explore more parts of China. We’re always here to help you experience China differently.

All reviews
"wonderful trip"
in 4 reviews
"their lives"

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We had a great time exploring Shanghai and Suzhou with WildChina! Everyone we worked with were exceptional - from the planning with Angela in their Beijing office, to our guide Joyce and the driver. We were traveling with a baby and toddler, and the itinerary put together was perfect. We were able to get a taste of each city without being exhausted. We will definitely use WildChina again for our next China trip!

Dear Rob -

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad to know that you enjoyed the Shanghai/Suzhou trip designed by Angela, one of our best travel designers. It is always a pleasure to help more and more overseas clients experience China differently. We’re looking forward to designing another memorable trip for you and your family members in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Wild China is world class. We spent six days in Beijing as a family and had the most fantastic time. A lot of thought was put into our itinerary and it worked brilliantly. Jerry, our guide, was knowledgeable, passionate and good company. The children were really impressed by the major sites, but will be probably remember best the side visit to a fighting cricket trainer and doing kung fu in the Temple of Heaven's park. Seeing a remote section of the Great Wall on a cold, but bright New Year's day with no-one else around was a particular privilege.

We have been to China a number of times before with other operators. I would not hesitate to recommend Wild China as the best in the business.

1  Thank LondonAcc
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Client from London,

Thank you for your high praise! WildChina is eager to help our clients experience China differently. We aim to not only visit the must-see sights, but also help you understand China’s history and culture through participating in local people’s daily life. Glad to know that you experienced this goal in action and enjoyed it. We’re looking forward to bringing this kind of experience to more and more overseas clients.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We loved Wild China! They did a great job of showing us the history of China while keeping our teenager entertained. They made sightseeing easy. Our travel guide, Michael, was wonderful.

Dear Marcy,

Michael was definitely one of our star guides in 2017, and we've passed this good news to him. Michael is a young father, and he has been so impressed and honored to be selected to serve so many excellent clients. This valuable feedback is one of the best New Year's gifts we could give Michael. Thank you so much!