“Awesome way to see China”
Review of WildChina Travel

WildChina Travel
Ranked #69 of 392 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Chosen as National Geographic's BEST Travel Company on Earth for China & Tibet, WildChina is a trendsetting travel company based in Beijing. WildChina caters to the curious traveler, offering socially responsible travel and off-the-beaten path adventures in China and beyond.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

For our first trip to China we decided to use a tour operator and Wild China was superb. All the guides and drivers were lots of fun and very knowledgeable. We did a private trip with our 2 boys ages 16 and 22. They loved every part of the trip from historic Beijing to the pandas in Chengdu to sophisticated Shanghai. Wild China put together a perfect trip for our family.

Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Liz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We’re happy to have been given the opportunity to design your first trip to China. We'll be sure to share your feedback with each guide and driver who accompanied you throughout your trip. We’re looking forward to helping your family and friends plan their trips here in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My husband and I just enjoyed a two-week trip (business and pleasure) guided by Wild China. I am a seasoned international traveler but had never been to China before. I was wary of how to navigate the country's language, culture, customs and strict travel requirements for foreigners. Putting ourselves in the hands of Wild China (Jenny Zhao in particular) was definitely the right decision.

What a beautiful country! And we could never have appreciated it in such a comfortable and relaxed fashion like we did without the help of Wild China. Their attention to detail during the pre-planning put my mind at ease and allowed us to get very specific about what we wanted to do with the time we had.

Their knowledge of the different parts of China we wanted to go (Beijing, Guangxi Province, Shanghai) helped us create a very customized and unique experience suited to our individual tastes. Particularly picking the right hotels for our taste and budget, and suggesting local, authentic experiences to bring the culture to life in each place. For example, Wild China arranged for me to have a private Tai Chi lesson one day and a cooking lesson on another day -- just a few examples of the ways they help make your trip memorable (and things I probably would have had a hard time arranging on my own).

One of the best parts was the guides (Raymond in Beijing, Gao in Guangxi Province and Stacey in Shanghai) and drivers on the ground Wild China arranges for you. They meet you at the arrival gate of your airport and take you door-to-door from then on. They navigate every part of the logistical experience for you (or as much/little as you want). We also truly enjoyed spending time with all of our guides and drivers. They were friendly, knowledgeable, flexible -- and no matter what happened or what request we had, they all said the same thing "No worries!" They took care of anything and everything that popped up. This allowed us to relax and truly enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Since I am typically the family's "travel agent/guide" on all our trips, this was something I appreciated so much.

Be aware you need to have enough cash to tip your drivers and guides. Wild China explains this to you in advance, so factor this in to how much money you need to exchange (although you can tip in US dollars if needed, too).

I highly recommend Wild China. We intend to use them on our return trip to this remarkable country.

1  Thank elisemitch
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Elise,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad to know you had a memorable trip in China. We will share your feedback with our guides and drivers.

Some of WildChina staff members attended your book talk in Beijing and Shanghai, including Jenny. She enjoyed it very much and spoke highly of it.

We’re looking forward to providing more memorable trips to your family members and friends in the future. We also welcome you to come back to China again to see the other parts of beautiful this amazing country. And we’re looking forward to joining your next book talk in China.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

My husband and I planned to be in Beijing in early July and had 4 weekdays available for an excursion to Xi'an. To make arrangements, I decided to try WildChina, based on information and reviews (on sites such as Tripadvisor) that I found on the internet.
From my first contacts with their offices in Berkeley, CA, and then Beijing, the WildChina agents were responsive and helpful. They arranged an itinerary that was well-paced and took into account our preferences - e.g. we took the bullet train to Xi'an, flight back; and they booked an excellent hotel. All transfers were seamless. In four days, we had a range of experiences, from biking on the city wall, to, of course, seeing the Terra Cotta Warriors, to visiting a farmers' home to make dumplings. And while there were shopping opportunities, there was none of the pressure that I experienced on a previous trip in China years ago.
The heat was fierce the week we were in Xi'an, something I dreaded; however, all transportation, restaurants, hotel, even the farmers' home! was air conditioned, so that the heat did not overwhelm our enjoyment of the trip.
Our guide was delightful - friendly, intelligent, prompt, professional (with excellent English), she effortlessly kept us on schedule without feeling rushed. Our driver was also terrific, a man of few words with a great disposition and an uncanny ability to maneuver in chaotic traffic. His vehicle, a van, was spotlessly clean, cool, and perfectly comfortable, with bottled water always available from a cooler.
It was our first time in Xi'an and we did not deviate from our itinerary, which covered all Xi'an highlights and was, as I've said, full yet well-paced. (Btw the bike ride on the city wall was an experience I would like to repeat in cooler weather..)
In all, we had a great time and hope to travel with WildChina again in future.

Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Customer from New York,

Thank you so much for choosing WildChina to design your trip. We’re so happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed the trip and are satisfied with our service. I hope the local experiences helped you understand part of Chinese culture and history. Let me know when you’ll be here again. We’d be happy to help at any time.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I cannot thank WildChina enough for giving my friend an experience of a lifetime in Beijing - all on very short notice. They could have said ‘no’, but instead they said ‘yes’ and even went above and beyond to make her first time to China an incredible visit.

I referred my friend to WildChina after experiencing my first tour with them more than 10 years ago in Yunnan, and it is a journey I will never forget.

I am happy to say that WildChina continues to live up to expectations after starting out more than a decade ago. Their guides are incredibly knowledgeable and truly care about providing the best experience possible for you.

I highly recommend!

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for putting your trust in us. We’re glad to know that the Yunnan trip you went on ten years ago left such a deep impression on you. We're also glad to know that your friends enjoyed their recent Beijing trip. WildChina will continue to embody our mission: to bring the best experiences to our valued clients.

We’re looking forward to helping you and your friends design their China trips in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We were very, very happy with Jerry from Wild China. Very knowledgable and helpful and a genuinely lovely guy. He was tuned in to what we wanted, was flexible and took us to a couple surprise places we hadn't thought of as well as all the things we were keen to see. This was particularly impressive given that our flight in was delayed and we needed to catch up on some sleep the morning of our first day. We would happily recommend Jerry to anyone.

3  Thank PBOZ25
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Customer from Australia,

Thank you so much for writing this fantastic review for us on TripAdvisor. Glad to know that you enjoyed your trip after such a long flight delay and that Jerry was accommodating to your needs. We understand how exhausted you must have been. Jerry is one of our best guides in Beijing. We have shared your feedback with him.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you and your friends to China again in the near future.