“4 days in Xi'an”
Review of WildChina Travel

WildChina Travel
Ranked #70 of 407 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Chosen as National Geographic's BEST Travel Company on Earth for China & Tibet, WildChina is a trendsetting travel company based in Beijing. WildChina caters to the curious traveler, offering socially responsible travel and off-the-beaten path adventures in China and beyond.
Reviewed 28 July 2017

My husband and I planned to be in Beijing in early July and had 4 weekdays available for an excursion to Xi'an. To make arrangements, I decided to try WildChina, based on information and reviews (on sites such as Tripadvisor) that I found on the internet.
From my first contacts with their offices in Berkeley, CA, and then Beijing, the WildChina agents were responsive and helpful. They arranged an itinerary that was well-paced and took into account our preferences - e.g. we took the bullet train to Xi'an, flight back; and they booked an excellent hotel. All transfers were seamless. In four days, we had a range of experiences, from biking on the city wall, to, of course, seeing the Terra Cotta Warriors, to visiting a farmers' home to make dumplings. And while there were shopping opportunities, there was none of the pressure that I experienced on a previous trip in China years ago.
The heat was fierce the week we were in Xi'an, something I dreaded; however, all transportation, restaurants, hotel, even the farmers' home! was air conditioned, so that the heat did not overwhelm our enjoyment of the trip.
Our guide was delightful - friendly, intelligent, prompt, professional (with excellent English), she effortlessly kept us on schedule without feeling rushed. Our driver was also terrific, a man of few words with a great disposition and an uncanny ability to maneuver in chaotic traffic. His vehicle, a van, was spotlessly clean, cool, and perfectly comfortable, with bottled water always available from a cooler.
It was our first time in Xi'an and we did not deviate from our itinerary, which covered all Xi'an highlights and was, as I've said, full yet well-paced. (Btw the bike ride on the city wall was an experience I would like to repeat in cooler weather..)
In all, we had a great time and hope to travel with WildChina again in future.

Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Customer from New York,

Thank you so much for choosing WildChina to design your trip. We’re so happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed the trip and are satisfied with our service. I hope the local experiences helped you understand part of Chinese culture and history. Let me know when you’ll be here again. We’d be happy to help at any time.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I cannot thank WildChina enough for giving my friend an experience of a lifetime in Beijing - all on very short notice. They could have said ‘no’, but instead they said ‘yes’ and even went above and beyond to make her first time to China an incredible visit.

I referred my friend to WildChina after experiencing my first tour with them more than 10 years ago in Yunnan, and it is a journey I will never forget.

I am happy to say that WildChina continues to live up to expectations after starting out more than a decade ago. Their guides are incredibly knowledgeable and truly care about providing the best experience possible for you.

I highly recommend!

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for putting your trust in us. We’re glad to know that the Yunnan trip you went on ten years ago left such a deep impression on you. We're also glad to know that your friends enjoyed their recent Beijing trip. WildChina will continue to embody our mission: to bring the best experiences to our valued clients.

We’re looking forward to helping you and your friends design their China trips in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We were very, very happy with Jerry from Wild China. Very knowledgable and helpful and a genuinely lovely guy. He was tuned in to what we wanted, was flexible and took us to a couple surprise places we hadn't thought of as well as all the things we were keen to see. This was particularly impressive given that our flight in was delayed and we needed to catch up on some sleep the morning of our first day. We would happily recommend Jerry to anyone.

3  Thank PBOZ25
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Customer from Australia,

Thank you so much for writing this fantastic review for us on TripAdvisor. Glad to know that you enjoyed your trip after such a long flight delay and that Jerry was accommodating to your needs. We understand how exhausted you must have been. Jerry is one of our best guides in Beijing. We have shared your feedback with him.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you and your friends to China again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We want to thank Wild China for helping us travel to Xi’an and to Yunnan Province, They made our trip so successful. All our guides were helpful and interesting. They are well-organized, knowledgeable, caring, fun to be around, interesting to talk to, and patient. We appreciate the flexibility of the program and catering to our particular interests. We also thankful to all drivers. Our program was very diverse and engaging, and at the same time, it was not tiresome. Both Xi’an and Yunnan were perfect choices for us. Thank you for carefully choosing our lodging; hutong hotels in Xizhou, Shaxi, and Shuhe were perfect, and all proprietors very helpful and hospitable. We are happy to recommend Wild China to anyone who is planning the trip. We never would be able to see that much without Wild China.

Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Customer from New York,

Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. Yunnan province is the hometown of our founder and CEO Mei Zhang and where WildChina's first trip was ever run. We’re glad to know that you enjoyed the trip and enjoyed your time with each of our local guides and drivers.

We’re looking forward to creating more life-changing experiences for you and your friends in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Wild China recently organised a very quick visit for us to The Great Wall...we only have 1-night available, and they managed to provide the perfect experience. We stayed at The Brickyard Hotel at Mutianyu, which was a perfect location (and we were fortunate to have a dinner hosted by the owners, which was a really great experience). Our guide, Jerry, was world-class, and super informative. If you don't have much time, but want to experience one of the great wonders of the world, definitely get hold of Wild China to arrange. They also do a 2-day walking tour, which we want to try next time.

Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Jerry is one of our best guides in Beijing and it is wonderful to hear that, although your time with us was short, you had such a great experience. We hope you share these memories with your friends and family in South Africa and we look forward to welcoming you back to China soon.