“Fantastic tour planning, guides, coordination...making travel easy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of WildChina Travel

WildChina Travel
Ranked #78 of 373 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Chosen as National Geographic's BEST Travel Company on Earth for China & Tibet, WildChina is a trendsetting travel company based in Beijing. WildChina caters to the curious traveler, offering socially responsible travel and off-the-beaten path adventures in China and beyond.
Fort Worth, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour planning, guides, coordination...making travel easy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2016

We traveled as a family to Beijing and Xi'an. Pre-trip planning was done via our travel agent, with excellent communication with the WildChina folks via email. Questions were answered promptly, and all the information we got was absolutely correct.
A snowstorm forced changes to 3 days of our plans - but our guide Michael handled all of it effortlessly. (At least it appeared effortless - I think it was a ton of effort on his part!) Traveling as a family of 4 (with 12- and 13-year-old daughters), having a personal driver, car and guide was great - never having to find a place to park, and essentially no lines at any of the places we visited. WildChina had arranged all entrances ahead of time, so it really let us make efficient use of time. Michael was able to engage the kids at each location, while also giving great background information along with cultural reference.
Jessica was our guide in Xi'an, and was also excellent. Again challenged by weather, she was able to find a cave home for us to visit (the first one planned was iced in), and all of us came away with an incredible experience, and a much better appreciation for the multi-generational living arrangements the family established.
Airport and train transfers were seamless, and again took all the stress out of travel planning.
We don't usually use a tour planner / guides, but for this trip, I am incredibly grateful for the services WildChina provided. We have plans to return to China to see different parts of the country and hope to work with them again.

Visited November 2016
1 Thank SteveFtW107
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this review, 6 January 2017
Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for your review. We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the trip and think it’s good value for the money. Yes. WildChina guides always use their talents to avoid crowds. It’s their secret… Michael is one of our best guides in Beijing, a young dad. We will definitely share this amazing feedback with him.

Hope WildChina made you used to having a tour planner when you're planning your future travel. Looking forward to designing another memorable trip for your family and friends again.

Charleston,SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Attention to Detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2016

The attention to detail by WildChina made this trip our best ever! They made it so stress-free. Nice balance of physical exertion, mental stimulation, good food and lovely hotels for resting and reenergizing. Best of all were the guides.
Our Beijing guide, Michael Xu, was funny, informative, helpful and caring. My balance has deteriorated with age and with Michael's constant warnings and gentle reminders I did not so much as trip or lose my balance the entire time with him. He is proud of his country and should get a stipend from the government for being such a good advocate. I enjoyed hearing little bits about his life and the insights it gave us about China. His choices of places to eat made me fall in love with Chinese food. I was in danger of eating myself to death it was all so good! I loved how he seemed to eliminate lines and make tickets appear all so smoothly. I liked how he rated bathrooms for us and always had a tissue available as I went in. I had been ambivalent about climbing the Great Wall but loved that experience best of all. With Mike's encouragement I pushed myself to what I thought was my limits. The picnic was a real highlight. I so loved the champagne, tablecloth and flowers-all over the top. I would have been satisfied with some cold water and an orange to end the hike but the picnic brought it to a whole new level. Mike went out of his way on the first day to accommodate our pick-up from one hotel to the initial hotel of the tour then delivered us to 798 which kept us busy and delighted the rest of the day. I loved how the highlights of various places were screened for us so that we could see the best of so many places. Beijing with Mike was so far beyond our expectations. We really enjoyed the Rosewood. Definitely a luxury hotel at a level I had not experienced before. I appreciated not feeling any of the usual stresses of traveling with WildChina making it go so flawlessly. I am usually the one making the itinerary for our trips. This was far beyond the details I could have planned on my own. I loved the surprises like the Cricket man and the picnic.
Our guide for Xi'an, Helen Chen, was very professional and offered the same high quality service and attention to details. Her thoughtful answers to our many questions really helped us learn a lot about China. She was always precise with what the plans were and what we could expect to do. I appreciated her patience with us all wanting to pose in the tourist setting room with the Terra Cotta soldiers. We also appreciated her assistance when we bought a large bronze archer at the gift shop. I particularly liked the stroll to the restaurant after the Terra Cotta soldiers where they were famous for their noodles.
For our third leg of the journey our guide, Michael Song, was again 100% professional. He has a very calm, gentle and peaceful person who obviously enjoys sharing the beauty and wonder that is China. He made everything so stress free. He even would tell us when really great photo opportunities were coming up. The highlights of this area were my favorites on this trip: sunrise over the rice terraces, boat trip up Li River, bike ride thru the villages, Impression Liusanje Night show, Cooking lesson in Longshou, walk along the Li river seeing many crops and farmers up close. The architecture and landscaping of the Banyan Tree Resort was a great pleasure for us as well serving in its restaurant my most favorite dish that I ate in all of China. Regarding the Li An Lodge at the rice terraces. How sensitive they were to my interests in textiles shown by placing us in the "Silk Room" . Touring the various rooms was like visiting a special museum all laid out according to the artist's vision. I had tears rolling down my face as I watched the mists rolling and the sun come up. I was amused that Mike always knew when everyone would want a mid-day shower while visiting the rice terraces and allot that time. Seeing my particular interest in the costumes and in particular interests in the embroideries of the ethnic minorities and careful consideration of the WildChina policy of no shopping , our guide first sought permission of the five other tour participants for visiting a handicraft store with embroideries that practiced fair trade on our way to our lunch. The others found this valuable and made many purchases of their own.
Our guide for the fourth leg of the tour, Bright Liu provided us with a lot of comic relief. Challenged with car accident induced heavy traffic, pouring rain and multiple van drivers she rose to the occasion as best she could. Her chirpy upbeat personality was uplifting. I enjoyed her folk songs and have been practicing the amusing Chinese finger exercises. I appreciated that she was flexible and accepted our suggestion to visit the silk factory instead of a second garden in the heavy rain.
I was happy to meet Miya Liu, our WildChina trip coordinator. She had responded so immediately when we had inquired about the tour when another tour company had cancelled. She got us signed up efficiently and immediately supplied the information needed to apply for our late date visa application. She instilled confidence by her efficiency that we had chosen a really good and reliable tour company. She was immediately responsive to the few questions we had making for a really positive experience.
The selection of hotels by WildChina all fit into China's top ten. They wowed us with their splendor and amazing breakfasts. The days were long with intense touring but we always knew that at the end of the day was this beautiful, luxurious hotel.
I shall sing the praises of WildChina to anyone contemplating a trip to China. The expression "The devil is in the details" is an expression that WildChina takes to heart resulting in such flawless delivery of services. I cannot think of a way to make them a more perfect touring company. Accolades for a job well done.

Visited October 2016
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this review, 25 November 2016
Dear Customer from Charleston,

Thank you for such detailed feedback (or we can call it a comprehensive “trip report”). We have already passed these compliments to each guide.

“Creating life changing experiences to help our clients experience China differently” is the main thing that WildChina keeps working on for 16 years and we’ll definitely insist on this mission in the future.

We’re looking forward to creating more and more memorable trips for your friends and family.

Keep in touch!
Grand Rapids Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“WildChina Coordinated a really "wild China" experience for us -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2016

We connected with WildChina and one of their directors, a Ms. Zhao, who assisted us in arranging guides, experiences and internal travel in Beijing and in several stops in Western China near the border with Myanmar. Our tip focused on history and the relationship between the Chinese and Americans in pre-WWII and immediately thereafter. We visited (with the help of our guides and the structure provided by Ms. Zhao) museums, battlefields. air strips, nature preserves. Chinese villages and much more. We had "best in class" accommodations along the way and we enjoyed a running travelogue form our guides. I have trouble simply leaving a reference for them as a "tour group" since they did so much more to make our experience so meaningful and a complex travel process so easy and enjoyable.

In summary, a nine day trip with numerous stops every day - focused on history and culture and the natural beauty of the region. The best part of the trip was the informative and dedicated services we received from our WildChina guides.

Visited September 2016
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this review, 10 October 2016
Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and for sharing some of your wonderful photos. It was an honor for us to organize a journey that had such a beautiful backstory and Jenny Zhao is one of our most experienced travel designers. We have shared your great feedback with her and also with each of the guides who accompanied you on your trip.

I personally traveled to Dali on Sep 16th and it’s a great pity that you left that day and we didn't get to meet. Hopefully I will have the pleasure of sharing in more of your stories during your next China trip.

Best wishes and safe travels!
Novi, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Highly recommend WildChina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Our travel agent referred us to WildChina for Beijing and Xi'an tours. The guides were very knowledgable and engaging. They made our trip. We also used WildChina for airport transportation in Beijing and Hong Kong; even traveling business class their service was extremely valuable particularly at check-in to navigate the different processes and huge crowds.

Visited September 2016
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this review, 28 September 2016
Dear Guest from Michigan,

Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we’re glad to know that you enjoyed your trip. We hope that in the future you will introduce your friends to the beauty of China and we look forward to providing them with good value and high quality service.

Thanks and best wishes,
Boston
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2016

From planning to execution, you can be confident that you will receive excellent service from WildChina. We started planning our trip with them almost a year ago and we had endless questions which were all answered promptly. After planning the whole trip, we had to make changes to the itinerary about 3 weeks before departure, and the changes were all handled seamlessly. The 3 different guides and drivers we had were all professional, helpful and kind. Some of the guides had better English than others, but all had very good English. One thing that I especially liked was that the guides took us into the airports and helped us to get checked in (for our departure home and for the several internal flights we had). They also helped us to get checked in to our hotels. Since we speak almost no Chinese and the English of staff members can vary, having the guides ] assist us really reduced our anxiety. The guides were able to add short activities to our itinerary on the spur of the moment - a visit to a reflexology center and shopping, for instance. The guides tried very hard to make us happy. Right after our return, WildChina solicited our feedback regarding the trip - that shows true professionalism.

Visited July 2016
1 Thank Laura02116
Xun B, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this review, 12 July 2016
Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for this detailed review and we’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed WildChina's services. We are always excited to create unique trips for each client and being flexible on itinerary adjustment based on clients’ requests and interests is something we pride ourselves in.

We’re looking forward to designing another memorable trip for your family members or your friends in the near future.