“Not as easy as it looks”

The Great Wall at Badaling
Book In Advance
More Info
US$45.00*
and up
Full-Day Great Wall of Badaling with Ming Tombs...
Ranked #2 of 1,631 things to do in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Wall of China is considered to be the only man-made project visible from the moon. Although it was once thought to have been built entirely during the Qin Dynasty between 221 and 238 BC, it is now believed to have been started earlier.Stretching more than 6,400 kilometers in length.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We attempted to walk 3 towers from the Balaling entry point. While the weather was clear and not too cold (it had snowed a little and rained the previous week) the actual climb was more challenging that first appeared. The steeper section had very high steps which upon descent, one finds the hand rails at an awkward low height to hang on to. Certain to get your exercise and a good view of the surrounding countryside however. Well worth the visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,125)
All reviews
in 51 reviews
"wall"
in 2,908 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Truly remarkable man made wall of defence dated back thousand centuries ago and has a breathtaking sight from every step you made..

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

From the cable car ride, you can see the wall and the mountains and get a first impression of the height.Cable car is 140 RMB per person.

The day I was there it was very hot with many sightseers, which made the walk and climb up the great wall, slow.
the steepness of the slope has you leaning at least 30 degrees. The steps are steep and shallow. You need to wear comfortable footwear, and not be afraid of heights
The view is awesome

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Had visited it as part of a group and even through the weather was not to our favour with it drizzling a bit, it was a great experience to have stood on it! Certain sections are quite an incline and if you are not fit it shows!

Try out some souvenir shopping on the way out.

A truly wonderful experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I had a 12 hour layover in Bejing ( 9 pm to 9:20 am). I scheduled a tour for early am to Great Wall through Jack Bejing-private tour. Jack had ensured they would be there at 4 am and that I would be at airport by 7:20. Linda and Mr. Dong were fantastic! They arrived 30 minutes before the scheduled time of 4 am. Were very courteous and pleasant. They told me to take my time. We had a nice ride to the Wall. The young tour guide, Linda, provided a lot of good historical information. They waited with me for the sunrise. I got gorgeous pictures. Linda took great pictures of me. The driver, Mr. Dong, was very nice. He stopped wherever I wanted to. We were back at airport by 7:27!!!! Amazing journey. Your team made my dream come true. I plan to bring my family back to China next year and will spread the word about your excellent tour guides to my friends, colleagues, and family.

This was my first trip to China, and hopefully will not be the last. I will post this email on trip advisor also.