“Live sports ”

Cuisines: American, Indian, Irish, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Description: Paddy O'Sheas is Beijings everyone's favorite Irish sports bar. We pride ourselves in doing our utmost to maintain the quality that we have built up since opening in 2007. We are very conveniently located in downtown Beijing and for first timers please print off our map first - as the majority of local taxi drivers wont recognize English wording (pretty much the same as most taxi drivers in Ireland!!)
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Pretty much plays all the NFL and UFC games live. All live sports are played here. Reasonable drinks. TVs are inside and outside.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

American, in China, on business. I gravitate toward Irish pubs, so I decided to hit this place up. Met many people while I was there. Chinese nationals, Irish, English, Australians, Welsh, Polish; as I read in a previous review, this really is the United Nations of Beijing. Met the French owner, who was cool... yet also reminded me of some biting US foreign policy inconsistencies (which I enjoy a good ribbing)...Although I forgot to remind him though of how us Yanks may have assisted his countrymen a couple decades back;) (Hope he reads this...) They served up Magners cider, which is my go to in an Irish pub, and honestly, I never tried the food (despite three..maybe it was four nights?). I can say this. I have traveled the world quite a bit (Central America/Europe/Middle East/Africa/North America) and I have not come across a more hospitable staff. I saw a couple "ugly American and European" performances by customers while I was in the bar, where one guy helped himself to a beer while the bar was closed (while also insulting one of the staff members) and another guy who was insulting to the gracious Chinese staff. The native Chinese staff could not have been more hospitable to me.
The Chinese staff ordered food out and invited me to stay and share food with them, they even helped me in everyway they could to try and locate a rented iphone that I had lost (stupidly..in a cab). I have to say that Katherine is the backbone to the staff, the anchor staffer. I hope to some day make it back there and joust some more with the French owner over American foreign policy...love this place!

Paddy O, General Manager at Paddy O Sheas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Thanks a lot for this awesome review.
Hope you will come back in the future.
Slainte

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Went there on a short hop to Beijing looking for a place to watch the All-Ireland Final.

It’s a decent spot - it walks the line between the honest side of scruffy and the authentic side of “Oirish”.

Food is good for a pub in the West but after a few days in Beijing it tastes like coming home!

The Dubs won, the banter was good as was the drinks however - the flag of the Ivory Coast behind the counter needs to be sorted out lads....

All in all I’d recommend it.

Paddy O, General Manager at Paddy O Sheas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Hey Stephen
thanks for you review, sorry you were there when we are rebuilding our ceiling, so you couldn t enjoy our decoration.
hahah, the flag depend from where you blow... i can assure you it s an Irish flag :)

Reviewed 18 June 2018

A great atmosphere with a huge selection of drinks. Amazing atmosphere during sporting events and a good place to go just to have a couple of beers on an afternoon. highly recommend. Gangees restaurant or something above it so theres western and indian food available.

Paddy O, General Manager at Paddy O Sheas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

thanks a lot for this awesome review
see you soon

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I’m sad. Menu has changed. Only offering Indian food. They don’t serve my favorite spicy beef pizza anymore. Atmosphere is still great during games and special events.

Paddy O, General Manager at Paddy O Sheas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hey
sorry but menu hasn t changed, Kitchen open from 5pm and of course we still have the spicy beef pizza! during the daytime we only have the Indian food and the baozza
you gave us only 3 stars because of that?

Been to Paddy O Sheas? Share your experiences!