“An amazing once in a life time experience.”

Juyong Pass of Great Wall
Book In Advance
More Info
US$53.00*
and up
Private Tour: Half-Day Tour to Great Wall at...
Ranked #18 of 1,635 things to do in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: 12 miles north of Changping and 37 miles north of Beijing. Apparently closest portion of Great Wall to Beijing.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Absolutely one of the greatest experiences you could wish for. We travelled to the Great Wall to Juyong Pass, the day was overcast with a drizzle of rain which kept the temperature very comfortable. just getting there by bus was a very scenic drive through the country side and mountains. The Great Wall meanders through China's northern mountain ranges from the Yellow sea to the Gobi desert a distance of more than 3500 miles. Once you start to climb the wall the scenery is amazing in all directions and you actually come to realise just how incredible the wall is.
You need a hat, water, good shoes are a must and plenty of energy. This particular part of the wall is less crowded which is a bonus . Most people try and get to the 13 towers but believe me its a gruelling walk very steep and the steps are all different sizes which makes it even harder.
I found that its up to the individual as to how far you climb, all different fitness levels, sizes, age ect, it doesn't really matter how far you climb the experience is what counts and the fact that you were just there, so go and experience this amazing wonder of China

2  Thank BendigoVic
Write a ReviewReviews (2,369)
All reviews
in 204 reviews
"wall"
in 695 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our tour took us here. There are not as many people as in the other places. We were the only foreigners and all other visitors were so friendly we felt like part of a big family climbing together. It is definitely not crowded. But the climbing is steep; the steps are uneven. There are two sides you can climb, the " easy" one is quite steep, the other I didn't try. But we did get to the top where the views are amazing. If you are not in shape this might be a challenge but worth it. As a Chinese saying goes: " you are not a hero until you've climbed the great Wall".

2  Thank vasile123
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Since I was a child I have been enamored by the majesty and the uniquely beautiful structure that is the Great Wall of China. Having read everything I could get my hands on, as well as watching any documentary, Seeing it even from a distance made my heart race and even though it was misty and cloud covered, I could not believe it's beauty. I was thrilled to finally have my opportunity to actually climb and walk on the wall. While it can be challenging at times with the steps being of different heights, it was well worth the effort. We made our way to the tower before we headed back. As we did, the mist lifted and as we made our descent we had a remarkable view of The Juyong Pass and the wall as it made its way up into the mountain.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

One of the things I had wanted to do for so long was to walk on the Great Wall. I have now achieved that, this was the absolute highlight of my trip to China, not until you see how huge this wall is can you begin to imagine the enormity of building some thing so massive. Take water, hats, good shoes and sunscreen, walk as far as you are able, if only a few steps or for as far as you can. the expierence will stay with me for ever.

1  Thank Arenkayed
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2018

This was a great bucket list tick off for me. It is just spectacular. The scenery was awesome, the wall and buildings are just magnificent. We only had a couple of hours here with our tour, but managed to get to Tower 12. It's a huge feat climbing the 2200+ stairs that seem to just keep going up and up. If you are after strolling along the top, this is not the part to visit. It is very strenuous just to get to the first tower of our walk. But oh how I loved it all.

1  Thank loreeng2015

Been to Juyong Pass of Great Wall? Share your experiences!