All reviews air con great location tidy wifi tv beds rooms floor lobby subway
Reviewed 1 April 2015

The Beijing Broadcasting Tower Hotel in Beijing is conveniently placed for restaurants and shopping. The rooms were clean and of sufficient standard. Breakfast was ok. The staff were excellant and very helpful.

Room tip: Cannot comment on other rooms but no problems with the room I had.
Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have to agree with the other reviews. The hotel itself is clean. The rooms are fine, nothing special. Breakfast was fine. The hotel is in a decent location. The A/C was turned off in Spring - as it was at other locations in China and Europe. The value is good. The one significant drawback is the speed of the internet. Since this was a business trip, I relied on my internet connection, and the speed here was slow and unreliable. Overall, not a bad place to stay but not great either. It was ok.

Date of stay: April 2014
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I used to stay here few years ago when this hotel was rather new.

The pros
-still excellent price value for central Beijing
-I paid 90 USD for their standard room
-room has nothing fancy but is fully ok
-rooms in top floor are in pretty decent condition
-hotel location is good
-good sleep quality, no disturbance

The cons
-service attitude could be better, used to be better
-language skills are bit hit and miss
-breakfast is not that great

To sum it up: Broadcasting Tower hotel is a good cheaper choice for central Beijing. No matter you travel on business or as a tourist, this is great value.

Other: There are small supermarkets nearby. Beijing duck restaurant across the street is ok. And several western restaurants are available on Dongdaqiao rd (Italian, Mexican etc.). If you choose not to eat breakfast at hotel, you can opt for nearby Starbucks on ground floor at LG towers.

Room tip: Select non smoking room in top floor (24th). Condition is better.
Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Well positioned for shopping and restaurants. The staff were pleasant, the bed was comfortable and the shower was good with plentiful hot water. The breakfast was excellent. The restaurant next door is great. No Wifi in rooms (but free broadband). Room décor is not wonderful. Aircon was great during the day but apparently they turn it off during the night as it just got hotter and hotter and hotter. At 27 deg I opened the window and put up with the noise!

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Lesley255118
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Checking in was a problem, three of us were checking in and they issued room keys for all three of us but when we were going to the elevator they called us back as there was aproblem with our rooms. After waiting 10 minutes they still hadn't resolved the situation for two of the rooms. We decided to put our bags in our colleagues room and go for dinner. When we arrived back we got our room keys which turned out to be the rooms we were originally assigned.
The rooms at the hotel are large, think junior suite. The rooms are basic and just about clean enough, the shower and bathroom could have been cleaner. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast is not served until 7.00 which was unlucky for me as I had an early flight to catch and had to leave at 6.45. But the breakfast did look pretty good, they were setting up when I arrived at 6.30. It wouldn't be my first choose of hotel on my next visit.

Date of stay: May 2013