All reviews china grill rain shower separate elevator floor lobby top floor nespresso machine corner room huge bathtub guest rooms cctv tower hotel lobby is king room high end mall the central business district china world business hotel breakfast is served
Reviewed 10 June 2015

This was my second time at the Park Hyatt. It's probably the best hotel in Beijing in terms of location, rooms and view. The service is excellent although, like other Hyatt properties, I do find the staff a bit superior and cold.
I booked the cheapest room and while the first time I got a west-facing room that looked right across Beijing towards the Forbidden City, this time I was in an east-facing room which is pretty boring.
Even so, the rooms are fantastic - big, spacious, fantastic bath and shower, separate toilet with a weird Japanese toilet seat that takes some getting used to. There's a Nespresso machine in the room which is a nice touch and the towels are fluffy. The swimming pool is good - although nothing like as spectacular as the St Regis swimming pool which has to be the best in Beijing.
The toiletries are a bit disappointing in terms of quality and fragrance and the hotel isn't generous with them either, although I can understand why as they probably get swiped by the mostly Chinese guests.
My rate included breakfast - which isn't as varied as some hotels, but very good quality and more than enough choice.
One incident worried me and was so far below the standards I expect from a hotel like this that I complained to housekeeping. I was impressed with the response but very disappointed this kind of thing could happen. Here it is: after checking in I showered and had a Nespresso and used 2 of the creamer pots that have UHT milk in them. I left them on the table. When I returned that night everything had been cleared away and tidied up. But when I went to use the toilet, the lid opened (automatically) to reveal the two creamer pots in the toilet bowl! I was pretty taken aback - clearly the cleaner had just thrown them down the toilet rather than taken them away to put in the bin, and either not bothered to flush or flushed and didn't check they'd gone down. This is wholly inappropriate to dispose of the pots this way - in addition to being environmentally suspect, it could have blocked the toilet. Is this hotel policy? I hope not.
I immediately called housekeeping to get someone to take them away and the night housekeeping manager came and apologised profusely. The next day I had some additional fruit in my bowl and an assurance that the person responsible had been given 30 minutes of training...
For me, the hotel food is overpriced and not worth it, but there are decent restaurants in the shopping mall in the basement and plenty in the neighboring China World shopping mall.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Jed J, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear Nerys A,

Warm greetings from Park Hyatt Beijing.

Thank you very much for your kind review and well noted on your concerns and area of improvements. I am very sorry for the incident and appreciated your feedback which will help us to serve better to your next visit as well as to other guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Beijing.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed 30 May 2015

The staff were really helpful. The rooms are a bit quirky, having to walk through the bathroom to get into the bedroom. But really comfortable as you would expect from a Park Hyatt. Everything worked. Great views over the city. One downside, is the restaurant was not upto standard - but the bar was thriving and lively.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Jed J, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Dear Vivian B,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Beijing.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the stay overall and our team are helpful. I will be sure pass on your kind comments which I am sure will further motivate them.

Your feedback on restaurant standards are well noted as well, I am very sorry that it had become a shortfall in our Park Hyatt experience for you.

We appreciate your feedback which will help us to focus on areas to improve, look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Beijing.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 19 May 2015

We had an unexpected opportunity to spend a weekend in Beijing. We upgraded to a suite to optimize our experience at the Park Hyatt Beijing. This is a beautiful modern hotel in a great location. Service in China can sometimes be a challenge, but the staff, from the front desk, to room service, to the restaurants, at this hotel exceeded all our expectations.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Jed J, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Dear markdolph,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Beijing.

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed the suite and pleased with the convenience of our hotel’s location. It is also a great pleasure to receive your compliments on our team which I am sure will further motivate them.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

I stayed in Park Hyatt Beijing for 9 nights and was really disappointed. My first room had a bad sewer smell coming from the sink whenever it was draining. I asked to get it fixed and was told it was fixed 3 days in a row but it still smelled. I was moved to a different room and noticed the lock on the door was broken. Then the next day, the sink was leaking. It was a bad experience that I didn't expect from a 5 star hotel. Our last night at the hotel, we ate at the restaurant upstairs and my colleague found a staple wire on his food. I hope this is corrected so others don't experience this.

Everyone that helped at the hotel was really nice though and the breakfast was really good.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Dear Jem730,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Beijing.

Thank you for your review. We are concerned to learn your disappointment in the room, please rest assured that I have shared your observations with our team to focus on areas that we can improve in the future. However, we are glad to hear that our team was delighted to assist and the breakfast in China Grill was good.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Beijing.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

This is my second trip to the Park Hyatt in Beijing. They make everyone as comfortable as possible and you don't feel like you are in the middle of a city. For business I was right in the heart of CBD, easy enough to take a taxi 30 minutes to Forbidden City etc.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Jed J, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2015

Dear Christopher C K,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

We are extremely thrilled to see such positive feedback. Your satisfaction is our motivation.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.