All reviews rooftop restaurant mombasa city convenient place to stay first floor small pool receptionist chefs
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I was first given a room on the first floor, next to the meeting rooms and breakfast area. This lead to lots of noise in the early morning. Day after I requested a different room, which they gave me on the 3rd floor at same side, construction workers on that side made hugh amount of noise that I requested a room on the heavy traffic side which was much less noisy. On both rooms the sheets had dirt spots, didn’t go back to reception to complaint because the receptionist was not that friendly, which is by the way NOT typical for Kenians! Everything is old and airco broke down during my stay, should I continue? On Saturday morning atv8 am sharp people already knocked the door for laundry pick-up. Good service but a bit early for a Sarurday, right? Restaurant on roof top is not that great as well... If you look at all my other posts you know I’m normally not that picky, just being straight forward

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I was staying at Silver Palm spa and resort and made arrangement to stay at there extend hotel. This place was close to the airport and entertainment. I wish i had more days to stay. The staff was very nice and the food is very good. These are the same Chefs from Silver Palm hotel so you will enjoy the food as well. I enjoyed the gym and the pool, very relaxing. Transportation is just outside the front door. My shower had low pressure but i was still able to take a shower. I had several problems with my door knob entering into the room, i informed the staff they escorted me back to the room to let me in. If you are single they can make arrangements for you and your guest. I will back in the future.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2018

visited several times the past years and it is always in the apropriate level ,nothing cahnges a bit ,the restaurant in top floor is a must but avoid the buffet and hit the wid variety of the catalog ,hidden gem is their currys and spaghetti

Room Tip: Avoid the room in the front ,less view but more quiet in the back
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

So this place is just crappy. Period. The rooms are tiny as hell, the showers even tinier, the shower curtain in my room had random, weird stains on it and it took them two days to change it, the toilets keep blocking whenever you flush them, the food is really bad (my colleagues and I all fell sick multiple times), there's an overzealous absolutely irritating waiter called Mahutu who assumes everyone is a tourist therefore when you complain about the food tasting funny his response is 'have you ever eaten this dish? That's its taste', the fan in the elevator barely works so it's stuffy in there about 80percent of the time, the pool upstairs is literally the size of a mini fountain from the mid sth century.
They do however have nice decor and a really good professional waiter by the name of Eric Kipkirui. If it were not for him I must say I don't think I would have given their food a second chance after getting sick on day one.
Overall, absolutely terrible, with the only thing they seem to be doing impeccably is making you sick!On my way to the hospital. Not coming back here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sada K
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I booked this hotel based on the average ranking of 4, but the reality is that this is a sub-par hotel. I had problems with sewer gas, mosquitoes in the room, sheets that looked like they have seen better days and the the gym attendant refusing to turn on the AC in the gym until 10am. There is more, but I might be relative.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business