See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We booked the hotel for a conference with over 40 pax checking into the hotel for about 3 days. My first impression upon arrival was that we needed to leave. Even with knowing that guests were arriving, they did not even bother to clean up the compound. Getting to the hotel we asked to be shown the rooms, I must say we were dismayed, they probably showed us the worst rooms in the hotel, by this time we were getting concerned because our guests were bound to be arriving by the afternoon, the rooms were not clean leave alone the compound, personally the room I was assigned to was not even done up! it was too late to change hotels the conference was beginning the next day. We then asked to be shown to the conference room which was in a state as well despite the fact that the meeting was to begin the next day. The staff was equally exasperating, we had to ask for things to be done up to 3-4 times to get it done. Despite knowing that we would be arriving in advance, the reception was understaffed and our guests had to wait up to 30 minutes to be shown to their rooms, additionally, they did not assign guests the rooms we had requested which was highly embarrassing for us. We had to manually direct the staff on how to organize the conference room and this alone took an entire afternoon with at least 5 people supposedly assisting. All instructions during our stay had to be repeated and overseen to ensure our requests were met, We honestly have never had such an exhausting experience! At one point I had to get into the kitchen to ensure that one of our guests was served- I mean who does that? You'd think it was for free! This property is a waste good beachfront real estate. The service is truly terrible with the exception of one staffer called Albert, he was the only truly proactive staffer on the premises with a can-do attitude- it's too bad he ends up doing the most work as he is always helpful to guests. I would not recommend this hotel for personal or business trips.

Room Tip: Delux suites are probably the best
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The staff is very good and the Indian food is absolutely delicious, the location is also great and there is a beautiful view.
However, overall my experience at this hotel was not very good. I booked a standard room, which ended up being of extremely low quality. Besides the fact that the bedsheets had stains and the furniture was outdated, the shower was not hot and the toilet flush did not work. Because of this, I was moved to another standard room which would be better. This room also had stains in the bedsheets, the fridge was not working, the shower was cold, the sink was leaking (leading to a pool of water being at the entrance of my room), and there was no functioning locker. Luckily, they were nice enough to upgrade me to another room which was not in the main building but in one of the smaller buildings on the site. Here I got a very nice looking room with good facilities and a clean bed. The only issue in this room was that the bed did not have a mosquito net and the shower was still cold. The rest of my stay was pretty good until I decided that I would extend my time in Mombasa and I wanted to negotiate with the hotel manager about the price of my room so that I would be able to pay to stay there instead of having to look for another hotel (since the hotel was very empty, I also figured they would be fairly happy to have someone stay there). Firstly, communication with the person I got to talk to (I believe she was not actually the manager) was awkward because whereas I was sitting down, she decided to stand right in front of me looking down on me. In the end we did not come to an agreement so I said that I would like to check out and that I would find another hotel on the beach. After checking out I tried to leave the hotel but suddenly the security guard by the beach told me he was instructed not to let me leave the premises. I asked him what the reason was, to which he said he only got the instructions and no reasons (I had already paid upon arrival, so that could not have been the reason). I don't know if this is true, but I got the feeling that they tried to keep me in the hotel so that I could not go out on the beach to look for another place. In the end I went back up to the reception and asked the receptionist if there were any security reasons for not allowing me to leave the hotel, she told me there were no security issues. Finally, she ended up calling the guard to let him know he should let me out anyway. All in all, this was a very strange experience and I am very disappointed in the hotel. I wasted time having to move rooms three times and by being locked up in the hotel after check-out for mysterious unknown reasons. I think it is a pity that my experience was so bad because the staff was truly lovely, and the Indian food was very very good.

Room Tip: Do not book a standard room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The place is exactly located in the beach view, whatever the day time negatives we will definitely loose that at night & morning within this place..
Great,the value of peace and could observe the beauty of small waves at beach..

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The location is very good but the resort is tired and in need of an update. The rooms are comfortable but very basic overall. A large menu doesn't mean its all available.
The resort caters for large functions but to the expense of the hotel guests who have rooms right beside where the function is held.
Having been overcharged on my bill the hotel have not answered 3 emails in total asking for a refund of the overcharge. Sorry but wont be back here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach front are good but noisiest if a function is on
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The Resort is located in Nyali in an upmarket area in the city of Mombasa. It is well designed and extremely convenient for holiday makers to enjoy the Beach and have a perfect stress free holiday or outing, Day visitors are allowed and people mingle and enjoy the food, bars, swimming pools, and the beach.
The rooms are convenient for all those who are residing, with basic amenities provided. It is a home away from home.
Long term appartments / rooms are also available on rent.

Room Tip: the best room would be the beach front rooms that are more expensive.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends