All reviews glass door beds were comfortable great place to stay two nights masai guards national park game drives hot water wifi chef nairobi escort tent camp animals lodge safari
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The service is great ,excellent ,The rooms are fantastic and one can see the zebras from the rooms ,Good is great and the stuff is helpful whenever you need help .Will definitely go back there .The rooms are just awesome ,clean .The guards are so helpful to guide you to your room at night .Thank you Simba oryx, it felt like home away from home.The fireplace perfect

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Simba + Oryx Nature Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for your review.
We are glad that your enjoyed your stay at our camp.

Our camp is not fenced and therefore wildlife roam free. This make your game drive to start right at the moment you step in our camp.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

The room (#1) they assigned to me had no water. They knew the problem before I checked in at 4:00 PM on July 18th 20018. They pretended to repair it until middle night. Then they gave me a bucket of hot water for shower and a bucket of cool water for flushing toilet. Yet I had hot balloon ride at 4:00 AM next morning. So I did not get a sleep that night.
I emptied my suitcase and left every thing on shelves in order to clean up 70 times concentrated Insect repellent contamination in suitcase. when I came back from balloon ride, I learned they moved my things to the room (#10) without my knowledge. Yet the room (#1) without water was assigned to a new person without acknowledge her.
I went to front desk at 4 PM on July 19th 2018 and asked for some discount and asked to meet the manager. I was told the manage would be there at 7 PM. I went to front desk at 7 PM and was told the manager would be there at 9 PM. Yet I went at 9 PM and the manage was not there and was told he would come to work the next day 6 AM. Sure I did not meet the manager and I did not get discount before I leave.

Room Tip: need to know if your room has water.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Simba + Oryx Nature Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Shufencai,

Thank you for your review and letting us know about our services.

I would like to apologize for having been allocated a room with no water and more so for flashing the toilet. The reason you were given the alternative is due to the fact that we were full on that day and the plumber could not be able to finish fixing the problem before you checked in. This was after you were offered to be relocated to another nearby camp which you declined.

I would also like to apologize for having been moved to a new room while you were out on a game drive. The concerned staff was reprimanded/warned and advised accordingly on how to act in case a client need to be moved.

The room had already been repaired by the time the new client checked in. The main reason why the staff had to move your stuff so that the plumber can work on the room.

Yes, we agree the manager was not in since he had left to the shopping center for some supplies/shopping. The person who was advising you on the time the manager will be back did not really inform the manager of a client wanting to see him rather assumed the manager will be back by then. When he came back, he was not advised of an early morning appointment to see you.

We would like to welcome you back again at our camp so that you can enjoy our services which we continue to improve

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Great place to enjoy nature. Nice accommodation and excellent customer service. The Massai morals provided escort to and from the dining area during the night and for an extra tip they will give you a tour of the perimeter and an intro to Massai culture and way of life.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Simba Oryx has fantastic rooms. They were spacious, clean and really allowed us to immerse ourselves in the natural environment. We even had the opportunity to watch the sunset after the game drives from our rooms. In the nights you can often hear wildlife outside your tent which was amazing. However we had a number of issues too- firstly electricity, it kept going off (this is normal during the day time as tourists are on game drives), but it even went off in the mornings when we needed it and evenings which made simple tasks like phone charging very tedious. The food is mediocre, there is not much variety and the meals are basic. We had a packed lunch for one of our game drives which I would certainly not recommend to anyone. The hotel seemed lifeless, very few guests and staff, so if you’re after a bustling hotel, this isn’t it. On the other hand it was very peaceful and serene with some good views. Overall: great rooms and location, but poor menu and services.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2018

The best accommodation within the park, you can hear the sounds of the animals in the night. Makes the staying more exciting exotic experience, with Maasai guards always on the watch and the meals are well prepared. the restaurant has very friendly and accommodating staff. The rooms are well made and clean, with glass doors you can view outside from the comfort of your bed

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple