All reviews glass door beds were comfortable great place to stay two nights masai guards national park game drives hot water wifi chef nairobi escort tent camp animals lodge safari
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent services offered by the staff especially Miton who went out of his way to ensure our comfortable stay.

The place is very calm & slept like a baby until morning.

Fantastic view in the evening aided by moonlight & bright morning as sun rises.

I’d still go back again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay in Masai Mara. Luxury ‘tents’ have glass fronts, solid roof and ensuite. Masai guards with spears escort you to the restaurant area in the evening although the only animals that come near are zebras. Apparently the red lights around the camp keep the lions away. Lots of lions seen on game drives though. Fabulous

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

We stayed here for two nights, very close to the Ololaimutiek gate into Masai Mara National Park. Felt like sleeping inside the park with wild animals and quiet surroundings and masai guards. One night we saw 9 zebras walking pass our tent/cabin. Standard is very good - exotic yet exclusive tents.Very friendly staff, good food! Our safari company Africanhut Adventures booked this for us so we have no clue about price or value specific to this hotel.

Room Tip: I think we had the best located tent/cabin number 9 - closest to the bush and many animals (furthest from the main house)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z4665KCemmar
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here two nights, and have to say we had just an absolutely fantastic time here in this camp. It seems really strange to call it a camp. It really is a luxurious resort in the wilds of Maasai Mara.

The tents are fabulous. They are made of canvas and glass, but have an extra tiled roof on top of it. So you are in a tent, but it is protected from the elements. Really smart! Inside, the beds were comfortable and the space clean. Actually really clean! I mean, impressively clean. Stone floors in the back of the house area where the bathrooms and dressing area are. Wood (I think) floors in the front bedroom space. Hot water always. Clean towels and linens.

In the night we heard all kinds of sounds. You really do realize you are actually in the wild. Through the night we had zebras around our tent grazing. I think one might even have wandered onto our porch. Beautiful!

The food was great. They really do have a good cook. The dinners were our favorite though. The pumpkin soup the first night was divine. Lunches for us both days were packed, and it did not disappoint. Large enough portions that I could not finish all of it both days. A picnic lunch, to be clear, but good quality. Now, to be fair, don't be expecting Ritz-Carlton quality though!

I'd of course be remiss if I did not mention how remarkably courteous and friendly the staff are. That to me was a big deal. We really appreciated this particular aspect. Fantastic staff!

I might actually come back here again with the half of my family that did not visit this time. Only I would come here directly, instead of through a tour company in Nairobi, and I would have them arrange the game drives and such.

Oh, one more thing: the drive from Nairobi is NOT fun. The first three hours of the five hour trip are tolerable. The final two are NOT. If I come by road next time I will make sure it is at least a land cruiser with a higher road clearance, and preferably a well maintained one. This time I came by van - and those things are not made for these roads. Of course, I will try and fly into Maasai Mara next time. There is an airstrip right in the middle of the Mara. But, of course, this has nothing to do with Simba + Oryx. These guys are excellent. A+!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Abraham G
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Wonderful place...quiet.
Food was plentiful and delicious.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Box lunches were large and satisfying (except for the banana that the monkey stole)
Enjoyed visiting with the other guests.
Near the Ololaimutia Gate
Solar panels for electricity and hot showers.
Complete bathrooms in each tent

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends