Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Memphis Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Memphis Tours
from US$34.00
More Info
from US$133.00
More Info
6,969 results
All reviews tour manager ahmed farahat nile cruise memphis staff ahmed el prince abu simbel day trip cairo airport egyptian museum private tour sonesta st visit egypt made us feel special thanks through immigration nubian village special mention
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Fully recommended. We did cairo, abu simbel, aswan, nile cruise, luxor and petra. Everything went smoothly and hotels were nice. Guides are really good and helpful.

Beware of the tipping system in egypt. Everyone asks for tips: driver, guide, bathroom, cruise etc.
Do not buy in the shops you are taken in the tours, prices are inflated.

Ignacio & Katia

Date of experience: April 2018
10  Thank ignaturo
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your views with Memphis Tours. We are so pleased to see how happy you are with our organization and hopefully we are always up to your expectations.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I decided to to do a quick 4 day tour of Egypt on my way to Dubai for a work thing. I chose Memphis Tours because they have a long history in the tour business. I believe they are the oldest tour company in Egypt, having been around since the 1950's! That says something! The price was very reasonable as well.
I was met coming off the plane by my tour manager Islam Abdullah. He whisked me through immigration and customs with ease. He would be my go to for questions and if I wanted to change my itinerary. He always responded quickly and took care of any issues I had. Most notably when the hotel put me in a room that wasn't what I asked for or paid for. Islam is friendly, hospital and very good at his job.
At the car I met Ahmed Sabri ( nicknamed Bougey, which I guess is the word for a child's toy?) Bougey navigated the crazy Cairo traffic with stealth and skill, which is no small feat. I rather quickly felt comfortable and safe inside Bougey's well cared for air conditioned SUV. Bougey is very sweet and fun to hang out with.
On my first day of my tour ( Pyramids day!) I would meet my tour guide Maha Elhefny. I feel very fortunate to have Maha as my guide. She is a lovely and very smart woman. Maha is very skilled and knowledgeable in her trade. Not only is Maha highly educated in the traditional history and perspective of the mainstream Egyptologists, she has also educated herself in alternative theories and ideas about this ancient mysterious country. She was a perfect guide for me, keeping me entertained and fascinated . Maha was also very patient with me when I would sometimes change my itinerary on the fly as I figured out what was most important to me as to how I wanted to spend my time, such as deciding not to go to the new Alexandria library and instead spend more time at the Citadel and original library location on the Mediterranean Sea. I really appreciated her understanding as it helped make my experience more personal.
I was taken to lovely local restaurants all with gorgeous views and good food.
My Egyptian stay was so amazing! I cannot wait to come back for a longer stay. As woman traveling solo Memphis Tours allowed me an individual personal experience while keeping me comfortable with good company and an awesome itinerary.
Thank you SO much Islam , Bougey and especially my dear Maha. I hope it won't be too long til I see you all again, and if any of you are ever in Seattle I have a guest room for you

Date of experience: April 2018
14  Thank tonyacarlsonjolly

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I had a marvelous tour of Egypt, visiting not only Cairo but also Aswan, Luxor, Alexandria,, Sharm el Sheikh and Abu Simbel. First, Cairo's pyramids and museums were amazing, with a day tour to Alexandria to see the catacombs, old fort, and modern library that could have been longer. Aswan was home base for a trip to see Abu Simbel's famous temple complex, and the hotel at night provided fascinating views. A boat trip on the Nile to see the Namibian village was delightful, with colorful scenes of camels on the banks and children playing (and a historic hotel on the banks where Agatha Christie wrote "Death on the NIle"). I regret not having a couple days in Luxor, where you could wander among the columns that dwarf humans for hours, so I could see them at night as well. And Cairo's Christian churches (the hanging church) and the maze of streets in that area was most interesting. I had some excellent guides, including Ahmed Shihab El Din, Islam Abdullah and Karam Mostafa. I've forgotten the name of our driver, but he had eyes in the back of his head, lowering the window at the precise time I wanted to take a photo, and finding ways through crowded streets I found fascinating. Wish I had more time to explore Cairo's old neighborhoods.

Date of experience: July 2017
12  Thank comfaculty

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for sharing your views with Memphis Tours. We are so pleased to see how happy you are with your trip and hopefully we are always up to your expectations. Please accept our sincerest wishes and best regards.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We were guided by Marwa, italian speaking guide, for two days in all archeological sites, egyptian museum and citadel. iExcellent punctuality, organization, kindness. Highly professional. Very patient in Cairo traffic. Drivers efficient and calm despite the chaos around. Marwa was well prepared and knowledgeable, ready to answer our many question. They asked to avoid any stop for shopping and they complied: nobody bothered us during the tour. Excellent restaurant breaks included. Angela and Stefano, Milan, Italy.

Date of experience: February 2018
11  Thank 461stefanoc

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your views and experience with Memphis Tours. We are so pleased to see how happy you are with your trip and hopefully we are always up to your expectations.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing trip to Cairo and Luxor with Memphis tours(MT). I almost exclusively research and manage all my own travel logistics but for Egypt I took advantage of MT 1 and 2 day trips, and they gladly customized them for me (double normal time at Cairo museum, skip a shopping stop, etc., no monkey island in Luxor please). We did air and most hotels ourselves. Ahmed Rezk was our guide in Cairo, Giza and Memphis and was outstanding. Great history and discussions about Egypt today. And we loved having Shima as our guide around Luxor for the two day overnight tour and getting a working women’s perspective on Egypt as a bonus. Id recommend Luxor as a mandatory destination on any trip to Egypt.

Our checked bags didn’t arrive with us in Cairo due to a tight connection, so our airport pickup driver went beyond the call of duty to check with Egypt Air every time he was back out at airport. No bags didn’t slow us down, and at the end of day 2 with no bags Ahmed even took us to a local clothing store so we could get Somme undies,Sox, and shirts. The bags appeared just in time for us to take them to Luxor!

If you have any interest in going to Egypt, the value of going now is amazing, and MT made it easy and enjoyable. Great vehicles, personal service, very well organized. I’d use the again without hesitation.

Date of experience: February 2018
11  Thank Rich T

Dear Esteemed Customer,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Memphis Tours. We loved to have the chance of welcoming you with us for these two days and hopefully next trip could be longer to showcase the best of our country.

Thank you again!