“8-day Egypt tour with Nile Cruise”
Review of Memphis Tours

Memphis Tours
Ranked #10 of 304 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. We bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination. All trips with Memphis Tours are known for: high quality of service with an affordable price, flexibility with clients' interests and needs, small groups, friendly, personal service, knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Our 8-day Egypt Tour with Memphis was more than expected. From the marvelous sites to the delicious food (all the thumbs up in the world for Alexander the Great Nile Cruise), my family and I felt pampered and taken care of. The moment we step foot on Cairo we were met by our tour manager and we were brought to our hotel. Every single day was planned, every single document was prepared ahead of time, all necessary and unnecessary questions alike were answered, and most of all, the people were great! Shoutout to our tour consultant - Maged, our tour managers - Tarek and Khalid, our tour guides - Adria and Elazab, and our drivers (whose only name I remember is Haissam's). Thanks again guys! We had the best time!

15  Thank Joane G
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Greetings from Memphis Tours. On behalf of all the team we thank you so much for sharing your views and experience with us. Your review is highly appreciated and we hope we are always up to your expectations.

Thank you again!

Memphis Tours Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,802)
All reviews
in 71 reviews
"sharm el"
in 70 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Fully recommended. We did cairo, abu simbel, aswan, nile cruise, luxor and petra. Everything went smoothly and hotels were nice. Guides are really good and helpful.

Beware of the tipping system in egypt. Everyone asks for tips: driver, guide, bathroom, cruise etc.
Do not buy in the shops you are taken in the tours, prices are inflated.

Ignacio & Katia

10  Thank ignaturo

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your views with Memphis Tours. We are so pleased to see how happy you are with our organization and hopefully we are always up to your expectations.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I decided to to do a quick 4 day tour of Egypt on my way to Dubai for a work thing. I chose Memphis Tours because they have a long history in the tour business. I believe they are the oldest tour company in Egypt, having been around since the 1950's! That says something! The price was very reasonable as well.
I was met coming off the plane by my tour manager Islam Abdullah. He whisked me through immigration and customs with ease. He would be my go to for questions and if I wanted to change my itinerary. He always responded quickly and took care of any issues I had. Most notably when the hotel put me in a room that wasn't what I asked for or paid for. Islam is friendly, hospital and very good at his job.
At the car I met Ahmed Sabri ( nicknamed Bougey, which I guess is the word for a child's toy?) Bougey navigated the crazy Cairo traffic with stealth and skill, which is no small feat. I rather quickly felt comfortable and safe inside Bougey's well cared for air conditioned SUV. Bougey is very sweet and fun to hang out with.
On my first day of my tour ( Pyramids day!) I would meet my tour guide Maha Elhefny. I feel very fortunate to have Maha as my guide. She is a lovely and very smart woman. Maha is very skilled and knowledgeable in her trade. Not only is Maha highly educated in the traditional history and perspective of the mainstream Egyptologists, she has also educated herself in alternative theories and ideas about this ancient mysterious country. She was a perfect guide for me, keeping me entertained and fascinated . Maha was also very patient with me when I would sometimes change my itinerary on the fly as I figured out what was most important to me as to how I wanted to spend my time, such as deciding not to go to the new Alexandria library and instead spend more time at the Citadel and original library location on the Mediterranean Sea. I really appreciated her understanding as it helped make my experience more personal.
I was taken to lovely local restaurants all with gorgeous views and good food.
My Egyptian stay was so amazing! I cannot wait to come back for a longer stay. As woman traveling solo Memphis Tours allowed me an individual personal experience while keeping me comfortable with good company and an awesome itinerary.
Thank you SO much Islam , Bougey and especially my dear Maha. I hope it won't be too long til I see you all again, and if any of you are ever in Seattle I have a guest room for you

14  Thank tonyacarlsonjolly

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I had a marvelous tour of Egypt, visiting not only Cairo but also Aswan, Luxor, Alexandria,, Sharm el Sheikh and Abu Simbel. First, Cairo's pyramids and museums were amazing, with a day tour to Alexandria to see the catacombs, old fort, and modern library that could have been longer. Aswan was home base for a trip to see Abu Simbel's famous temple complex, and the hotel at night provided fascinating views. A boat trip on the Nile to see the Namibian village was delightful, with colorful scenes of camels on the banks and children playing (and a historic hotel on the banks where Agatha Christie wrote "Death on the NIle"). I regret not having a couple days in Luxor, where you could wander among the columns that dwarf humans for hours, so I could see them at night as well. And Cairo's Christian churches (the hanging church) and the maze of streets in that area was most interesting. I had some excellent guides, including Ahmed Shihab El Din, Islam Abdullah and Karam Mostafa. I've forgotten the name of our driver, but he had eyes in the back of his head, lowering the window at the precise time I wanted to take a photo, and finding ways through crowded streets I found fascinating. Wish I had more time to explore Cairo's old neighborhoods.

12  Thank comfaculty

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for sharing your views with Memphis Tours. We are so pleased to see how happy you are with your trip and hopefully we are always up to your expectations. Please accept our sincerest wishes and best regards.

Thank you again!