See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2018

The overall impression when you walk into the lobby is nice, but the rooms are a little tricky to navigate (I couldn't open the closet and the bathroom door at the same time). It did take a while to get the air con going, but it does work. Wifi however is very weak. And the restaurant menu is very limited and incredibly expensive - I would suggest going out to eat or ordering from one of the local restaurants that deliver. And don't even think about taking a magazine from the rack in the lobby - I was accused of stealing it although there are no signs saying they are for sale (and it was already used and 3 months out of date). My organisation planned a meeting here, so I didn't have a choice, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff are very nice, but there are few amenities for $150/night. The worst is they only provide free water for 1 night, even though you cannot drink the tap water. Nickling and diming. You have to ask for shampoo, more than one towel, etc. Quiet, clean rooms. Nice gym but key machines broken.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Great service but rooms are so out of date for $150 per night
Staff are very friendly
Rooms are good size but it needs a renovation touch
It is very safe and secure
Wifi is pretty slow
The breakfast is ok...it can be better...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2017

While reading some of the average (or even negative) reviews here, I'm wondering...
I stayed in this hotel not only for one or two nights but for 9 nights, thus I had enough time to check out this property quite thoroughly. I am a consultant who has been visiting 18 African countries in the last 35 years; I even have been doing some hotel assessments in Africa for development programmes. Observation in this sector is therefore part of my job.
By that, I found that this hotel not only offers a remarkably designed interior and a particularly charming ambiance, so that personally you can feel quite cosy and relaxed - this hotel is also greatly customer oriented.
Service always had been friendly AND attentive as if it was to find out what could be your wishes before you even may articulate them. I also had some situations of small problems and solution has in any case immediately been suggested by the reception or the management - even when solution appeared to be impossible or rather uncommon. I have not found that elsewhere before.
I call this: effectiveness, performance and excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I stayed at the Sultani while I was in Kinshasa to lead a training, and it was a lovely experience. The rooms are clean, well-air conditioned, the lobby is beautiful (and even has a pianist!), and the staff are very friendly. On the first evening, I stayed in a suite and then was moved to a room with a balcony. The breakfast is included with lodging, and the pain au chocolate paired with coffee was a great way to start the day! I would highly recommend the hotel, it's cozy and in a safe and quiet part of the city, I will be staying here on return trips to Kin!

Room Tip: Try the Congolese lunch buffet!! 10/10 would recommend!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business