See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2016

I came to kinshasa for business purpose and I find this hotel nice for staying in Kinshasa. Staff is good and cooperative. Breakfast is really nice to have and quality of food is good. Not expected to get such a nice breakfast like what we get in India.

Also, you can find Indian staff here so its easy to convey the message.

Rooms are nice. Other facilities are also manageable.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2015

I can understand why people would be disappointed with this place, especially if you're used to the hotels of international standards that exist in other African cities. Belle Vie is pretty basic, but fine for a few nights.
There are two parts to the hotel: Belle Vie 2, which is older, and the newer Belle Vie 3. The restaurant serves both. Neither part is particularly well maintained: I was in the new and but the soap dish was hanging off my bathroom wall and the shower doors didn't shut properly, but the air conditioners work and are quiet and there is running water which is sometimes hot (2 out of 5 mornings in my case). There was just one towel in the bathroom, which was washed every day, but was turning grey with age. The sheets were similarly clean but very old. No small hand towel, bathmat or shampoo. I did get a bar of soap, though.
The corridors are tiled and cleaned thoroughly every day. I never saw a mosquito and only twice came across cockroaches, one dead, in the corridor, and one alive in my room. The fact that the corridors are tiled means the rooms can be noisy if people are in the corridors.
There is a pleasant garden which again was mosquito-free during my stay.
The Indian vegetarian food is excellent, including some ingredients such as curry leaves that are rare in Africa. The meat dishes are less good and the breakfast underwhelming: beans with either rice or noodles, optional omelette, sliced white bread, instant coffee and tea, very limited fruit (banana or papaya) washed down with sugary fruit flavoured drink. Not much for western tastes.
The family who ran the place seemed indifferent to the needs or desires of guests, but the other staff were mostly friendly, some wonderfully so.

Room Tip: The rooms are newer in Belle Vie 3 than in Belle Vie 2
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights while my visit to Congo.

I came here before also in past but I stayed in the old building.

This time I stayed in the new building which is far better than old one.

Rooms are good.

Staff is very cooperative.

We just need to ask or call them with in few minutes they are there to serve you.

I came here just bcoz I am a vegetarian and I got my food here at ease.

Breakfast is not upto the mark but as they give you hot meal so it fulfil your need.

I will suggest them to improve breakfast menu by giving continental breakfast.

Restaurant needs renovation as well.

Food served in the restaurant was good and service was also good.

I enjoyed my stay here as I got my food.

I would suggest that they shud give proper bathroom amenities like good quality towels, bath gel , shampoo, shaving kit, dental kit

People don't mind paying but facility shud be there.

Would suggest to renovate restaurant so that more people will be attracted

Regards,

Sunil Gandhi

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2015

As an avid traveler and experienced hotelier, it is with great sadness and disgust I’m trying this review. Bell vie hotel is definitely the worst ever hotel I stayed so far.

1. The hotel is dirty in all physical aspects. From the reception to the room, it’s like it hasn’t been cleaned for ages.
2. The room is a nightmare, no coffee facilities, no safe, no bathroom amenities, security chain and no peep hole. In terms of cleanliness, it is horrible.
3. Comfort and quality of sleep: Let’s face it, there’s no comfort and the noises in the corridor at night will wake you up several times.
4. Internet: You cannot even Skype for 30 seconds. Even Google page doesn’t seem to load.
5. Breakfast: if you call that breakfast. Even at home, I prepare better breakfast than this.
6. Food: There’s absolutely nothing except spicy food on the menu and lots of items are unavailable. Be informed that, the price on the menu and the bill is different.
7. Security: Anyone can enter the hotel, there’s no control at the door.
8. No water given on daily basis which is a minimum. You need to order for that.
9. Management of the hotel is absent and to be honest, there’s no management. There is just some random people working here and there. This hotel has no standards.

If I could rate this hotel negatively, I’d do it. Unfortunately, I can only give zero as a minimum. Deeply disappointed and will highly recommend people not to go there and to avoid at all cost. Hasn’t it been booked by my company, I wouldn’t have stayed there. I’m definitely considering to shift all my business to another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank KamKure
Reviewed 16 March 2015

I stayed for 10 days and found the room very comfortable and well equipped. There were no prolonged power cuts and room was cleaned every day.

Hotel was quiet, guests were professional and as a woman travelling alone I felt relaxed. However the restaurant was very disappointing, old plastic plates which need replacing immediately. Breakfast was monotonous and low quality (fruit was bruised, juice was artificial).

There is no open space or terrace where you can get some fresh air and have a drink.

The managers and reception staff are helpful. Location is good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street. The other side overlooks a garden and some apartments - quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business