Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
US$71
Hotels.comUS$79
Trip.comUS$71
EtripUS$75
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2016

The West Plaza Downtown in Koror is a very satisfactory hotel - clean, quiet and convenient. But I think the hotels in Koror and the flight arrivals and departures need to get into better synch. From what I saw and experienced, many international arrivals and departures happen in the dark hours of the night. Yet hotel check in and check out times are the typical 2pm check-in and noon check out. After arriving at 5am, I had the choice of hanging out for 9 hours, or paying for another night's stay. After traveling for 24+ hours from the US, I opted to pay $110 for early access to my empty and already made up room.

I picked "downtown" imagining that there was a downtown. There are a few shops, grocery stores, and a few restaurants, but you can find these outside of downtown in areas that are more interesting.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank WesCAttle
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Don't expect a room with all perfect finishes. Bathroom leaked and it was making a bit of noises. Overall, this is a proper city hotel in Koror. Great location with every thing a walk away.
The manageress is very very good and supportive. The girls at the front desk change too often and they can drive you mad. But just talk to the manageress. She will sort it out.

Room tip: No real view from anywhere. so they are all the same
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mark135904
Reviewed 2 December 2015

We got stranded in Koror because flight was cancelled by UA without notification prior and compensation. Given such last minute and didn't budget for this, we settled for West Plaza Downtown.

To be fair it's a decent motel with decent bed and bathroom. The location is great cause it's located on the only main road in Koror with a grocery store opposite of the road. The only problem I had was cockroaches. There're 2 small ones and one large one appeared in my bathroom where I screamed on top of my lungs for. We also had to change rooms twice because of the cockroach issue and aircon malfunction. The staff were very accommodating with our requests and very friendly.

No free wifi at the hotel and also the price was extortionate (USD$120/ night) for what we're paying really, but we got no choice.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mythary
Reviewed 10 September 2015

The hotel itself is basic yet clean and perfect if you need a place to stay while diving and won't be staying in much. The early check-in/day-use policy needs some help, though this may be a problem across the hotels in Koror. We only needed the hotel for the day after leaving our liveaboard but were informed by management that we wouldn't be able to check-in before 3pm without placing 1.5 the daily rate. Keep in mind, that we were only use the hotel for the day and would not be staying the whole night. Keep that in mind while booking - especially when using Agoda or similar service.

Room tip: Wifi cards run $10-$20 for 200-600 minutes of wifi access. It isn't fast but will do basic email service.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2013

On my recent visit to Palau I planned to be outside or diving most of the time. So I did not need much of a resort hotel, just a place to sleep and shower and relax. The West Plaza came through. The downtown location meant I could easily walk to the Taj to eat or to the Prison gift shop in the evenings after day long activities.

Date of stay: August 2013