Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bupuffy
Hong Kong, China

Bungalow with good deal and friendly staff

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Feb 2020
We stayed in no. 8 Bungalow for 7 nights. No. 8 is the last row of bungalow on the hill. This is a relatively bigger one as it could accommodate the four of us.

The driver Nelson picked us up in the airport. You need to ride a buggy to your room, otherwise you have to walk up the slope for about 5 minutes under the heat or in the dark at night. Prepare your flash light if you tend to do so. We liked the bungalow very much as we were on our own, it's quiet and peaceful every day except birds singing or roosters crowing. The room is clean, spacious with good air-con and shower facilities. They provide 3 bottles of complementary water for us daily. In the room, there is cable TV and Netflix, my young boy was crazy about the Netflix and spent much time for relaxing in front of the TV after the whole day diving.

There is a spacious balcony where we had breakfast every morning (7-10am). The staff also gave us a rack for hanging our clothes in the balcony. One could also enjoy the beautiful sunset in the room and balcony.

There is no nearby restaurant. As the resort is not located in the town centre, we had to travel to restaurants by car. The staff is always more than happy to reserve different restaurants for us daily. Some restaurants do provide free pick up and drop off. We had used the resort transportation service several times and the driver, Nelson was very nice and helpful. They charged us from 6-7 dollars per trip (one way) from the resort to the town centre or vice versa. This is quite a reasonable price to us. They mentioned that the taxi may charge you more. The most important point is also the safety in a car with a familiar driver of which we were quite comfortable to travel with.

There are some WWII remnants at the back of the hotel. We were allowed to extend our check-out time to coincide with our flight time which is a bonus.

Big thanks to the whole team: Carmen, Nelson, Nina, Abigail, Robert and Karshim
    HK$1,231
3.3 km from Palau Carolines Resort
Restaurant
View more hotels in Koror
All reviews every morning amazing balcony personable staff authentic experience daily breakfast rented a car we loved our stay scuba diving central hotel nelson carmines cabin shuttle privacy sunset rock insects
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2020 via mobile

Gorgeous resort and incredibly friendly staff! This was the perfect oasis to stay after a long day of diving/excursions. Wifi was shockingly fast. The rooms were clean and spacious.

Everyone here works so hard. I wish people wore name tags because i didn’t get their names. The front office staff were always smiling and accommodating. My favorite part was the breakfast with view. The breakfast was delicious and the backdrop for breakfast was epic. My favorite was the fried rice with fried egg! I ate it everyday for 4 days straight.

One of the workers stated that the hotel is expanding— adding more rooms and possibly and infinity pool so we hope to come back one day!!

Food tip: If you stay at Carolines, the staff may recommend a Elilai Seafood restaurant. It was ok. I personally liked Taj much better! (If you don’t mind Indian food!) You get more food for what you pay and much more flavor.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2020

The Caroline's was absolutely wonderful! Private bungalow with every detail taken care of- the beds are comfy and big, the towels are fluffy, the wifi is fast, and the air conditioning works extremely well. The service is impeccable. They provide plenty of water, and the views from your balcony are gorgeous. We loved our stay. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 13 January 2020

If you want to wake up to the best view you can imagine, have peace and quiet during your stay and get absolutely amazing service, look no further. Everything in the hotel was clean and beautiful (clearly the new owners read older reviews). The stuff was very genuine and nice. Often when we needed a transfer, instead of making us pay they would suggest cheaper options, or tell us if the place we are going to offers free transfers, which many service providers (some restaurants and most of the SPA's do).

And of course the view! I will dream of this view for the rest of my life.

The breakfast could have been a bit more varied (they don't have the restaurant on premises, so they order it from a near by place).

Room tip: There is no bad room.
Reviewed 2 December 2019

If you look for sitting at a beach or pool all day that is the wrong hotel.
If you look for privacy and quite atmosphere with a stunning view you are right here.
The rooms are build along one small road, where you can always get a lift in a golf cart to, with a great view over the islands and the ocean. The only thing you can hear is the wildlife around, but not to an amount that it would bother you. With doors closed you can't hear it.
The rooms got a fan and AC, fits all purposes for sleeping in a climate you like. Bathroom is big and new.
2 bottles of water are complimentary, the minibar prices are surprisingly cheap, considering the prices in the supermarkets. (Gatorade 0,5l 2 USD; I think beer was 3 USD,...)
Breakfast is served to your door/balcony every morning and you can eat with the great view.

The staff is likely the best hotel staff I have ever experienced. Very friendly, helpful and great to talk to.

In the back of the hotel you can walk around in the woods/jungle where there are some benches as well and some old WW2 relicts.

Location is a bit outside, but there are transfers available and the restaurants normally got a pick up as well.

In my mind perfect if you have a rental car or when on a diving trip. If you want to explore the city and go to the beach every day, the transfers may be a bit bothering. In that case a different location may be better.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

I decided to go to Carolines without a booking to have a look and try to get a reasonable and nice deal.

It was a huge mistake!

I contacted Carolines through email before my arrival with a desire and wish to a possible stay for one week or longer...

I got a reply, but my request of a transfer met only ignorance, so I took a taxi and paid myself.

They showed me the bungalows and I decided to book and stay for 7 nights in the deluxe bungalow, but had to pay for my whole stay in advance with just a small discount.

The bungalow and the view is amazing but that's it.

The first 2-3 nights they did not even clean my bungalow and I was the only guest in the resort.

The breakfast was very poor and when I asked for some vegetables and maybe some extra fruit, but they did not care.

They wanted me to pay for 4 people, but could not offer me a decent breakfast.

I asked nicely for a flashlight because the resort is far away from restaurants and supermarkets and I was ready to walk, but it is not safe or comfortable to walk in the dark, but they never give me a flashlight.

One evening they called me on the phone.

I thought they were trying to nice and ask me if everything was OK, but the woman only wanted to tell me that I need to pay 4 % extra because I had paid with a creditcard.

I was completely shocked of the greed and the total lack of hospitality and friendliness, but I realized that money was the only thing they were focused about because they offer guests a free shuttleservice for dinner, but only to ONE restaurant and it is a place they own themselves.

If you want to decide yourself which restaurant you would like to go to you have to pay for the transportations. Around US$ 7 one way.

Every single request I had got a NO in return, so after a few days I stopped asking.

So I felt a huge relief when I left Caroline's because there were no true hospitality, friendliness or ambitions to serve their guests.

Lina was the only one in the staff who was friendly and kind and she deserves a red rose. Thistles to the rest!

But overall it was a very disappointing experience and treatment!

Date of stay: October 2019