Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Elenatalk
New York City, New York

The best view in Palau!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jan 2020
If you want to wake up to the best view you can imagine, have peace and quiet during your stay and get absolutely amazing service, look no further. Everything in the hotel was clean and beautiful (clearly the new owners read older reviews). The stuff was very genuine and nice. Often when we needed a transfer, instead of making us pay they would suggest cheaper options, or tell us if the place we are going to offers free transfers, which many service providers (some restaurants and most of the SPA's do).

And of course the view! I will dream of this view for the rest of my life.

The breakfast could have been a bit more varied (they don't have the restaurant on premises, so they order it from a near by place).
Date of stay: January 2020
Room Tip: There is no bad room.
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
2.4 km from Palau Carolines Resort
3.6 km from Palau Carolines Resort
Restaurant
View more hotels in Koror
All reviews every morning amazing balcony personable staff authentic experience daily breakfast rented a car we loved our stay scuba diving central hotel nelson carmines cabin shuttle privacy sunset rock insects
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2019

If you look for sitting at a beach or pool all day that is the wrong hotel.
If you look for privacy and quite atmosphere with a stunning view you are right here.
The rooms are build along one small road, where you can always get a lift in a golf cart to, with a great view over the islands and the ocean. The only thing you can hear is the wildlife around, but not to an amount that it would bother you. With doors closed you can't hear it.
The rooms got a fan and AC, fits all purposes for sleeping in a climate you like. Bathroom is big and new.
2 bottles of water are complimentary, the minibar prices are surprisingly cheap, considering the prices in the supermarkets. (Gatorade 0,5l 2 USD; I think beer was 3 USD,...)
Breakfast is served to your door/balcony every morning and you can eat with the great view.

The staff is likely the best hotel staff I have ever experienced. Very friendly, helpful and great to talk to.

In the back of the hotel you can walk around in the woods/jungle where there are some benches as well and some old WW2 relicts.

Location is a bit outside, but there are transfers available and the restaurants normally got a pick up as well.

In my mind perfect if you have a rental car or when on a diving trip. If you want to explore the city and go to the beach every day, the transfers may be a bit bothering. In that case a different location may be better.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

I decided to go to Carolines without a booking to have a look and try to get a reasonable and nice deal.

It was a huge mistake!

I contacted Carolines through email before my arrival with a desire and wish to a possible stay for one week or longer...

I got a reply, but my request of a transfer met only ignorance, so I took a taxi and paid myself.

They showed me the bungalows and I decided to book and stay for 7 nights in the deluxe bungalow, but had to pay for my whole stay in advance with just a small discount.

The bungalow and the view is amazing but that's it.

The first 2-3 nights they did not even clean my bungalow and I was the only guest in the resort.

The breakfast was very poor and when I asked for some vegetables and maybe some extra fruit, but they did not care.

They wanted me to pay for 4 people, but could not offer me a decent breakfast.

I asked nicely for a flashlight because the resort is far away from restaurants and supermarkets and I was ready to walk, but it is not safe or comfortable to walk in the dark, but they never give me a flashlight.

One evening they called me on the phone.

I thought they were trying to nice and ask me if everything was OK, but the woman only wanted to tell me that I need to pay 4 % extra because I had paid with a creditcard.

I was completely shocked of the greed and the total lack of hospitality and friendliness, but I realized that money was the only thing they were focused about because they offer guests a free shuttleservice for dinner, but only to ONE restaurant and it is a place they own themselves.

If you want to decide yourself which restaurant you would like to go to you have to pay for the transportations. Around US$ 7 one way.

Every single request I had got a NO in return, so after a few days I stopped asking.

So I felt a huge relief when I left Caroline's because there were no true hospitality, friendliness or ambitions to serve their guests.

Lina was the only one in the staff who was friendly and kind and she deserves a red rose. Thistles to the rest!

But overall it was a very disappointing experience and treatment!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PoolRob
Reviewed 24 September 2019

We stayed for 3 nights in paradise. Every morning a custom made breakfast was delivered to our room. On the balcony we had a view of the mountains, bay and trees. The birds would sing a personal greeting. Bring binoculars for bird watching and star gazing. The staff was marvelous. Their recommendations for snorkeling/tour companies and restaurants were great. They arranged transportation for everything we requested. The laundry was done the same day. The bungalows were furnished with lovely furnature and art work that showcased Palau. Thank you, Carmen,Robert and Nelson for your hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 20 September 2019

I spent 3 nights at Carolines and I'm so happy I did! It has everything - breathtaking scenery, welcoming and accommodating staff, and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in - ever. It was such a treat having breakfast delivered to my room and eating it on the balcony every morning. It's a ~10 min drive from the main shops in Koror, but the tranquility and solitude of your own private bungalow is SO worth it. Plus they offer a friendly shuttle service into town and the main dive shops, so no need to rent a car! Thank you for such a special and memorable stay.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2019

We spent a week here, in room no. 8 at the top of the hill, with simply incredible views over the Rock islands. But the service blew us away almost as much as the views! Smiles galore and an enthusiastic greeting every time we returned from a diving day. Carmen, Nelson, Robert and their colleagues were always there if we needed anything. Such lovely people; the atmosphere was more like a homely guesthouse rather than a luxury hotel. There are golf carts at reception to whisk you to your room and to deliver your breakfast every morning. All the rooms have a large balcony and have been renovated recently to a very high standard. When we return to Palau, we will go back to the Carolines.

Room tip: The higher the room number, the better the view!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SimonandSofie
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Palau Carolines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2019

Hello Simon and Sofie,

I hope all is well on your end!

On behalf of the staff and management team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Palau Carolines Resorts and also thank you for your good comments. I'm looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Have a good day and God bBless!

Thanks, looking forward to serving you again.
-Robert