Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
PoolRob
Jönköping, Sweden

Non-existing service!

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Nov 2019via mobile
I decided to go to Carolines without a booking to have a look and try to get a reasonable and nice deal.

It was a huge mistake!

I contacted Carolines through email before my arrival with a desire and wish to a possible stay for one week or longer...

I got a reply, but my request of a transfer met only ignorance, so I took a taxi and paid myself.

They showed me the bungalows and I decided to book and stay for 7 nights in the deluxe bungalow, but had to pay for my whole stay in advance with just a small discount.

The bungalow and the view is amazing but that's it.

The first 2-3 nights they did not even clean my bungalow and I was the only guest in the resort.

The breakfast was very poor and when I asked for some vegetables and maybe some extra fruit, but they did not care.

They wanted me to pay for 4 people, but could not offer me a decent breakfast.

I asked nicely for a flashlight because the resort is far away from restaurants and supermarkets and I was ready to walk, but it is not safe or comfortable to walk in the dark, but they never give me a flashlight.

One evening they called me on the phone.

I thought they were trying to nice and ask me if everything was OK, but the woman only wanted to tell me that I need to pay 4 % extra because I had paid with a creditcard.

I was completely shocked of the greed and the total lack of hospitality and friendliness, but I realized that money was the only thing they were focused about because they offer guests a free shuttleservice for dinner, but only to ONE restaurant and it is a place they own themselves.

If you want to decide yourself which restaurant you would like to go to you have to pay for the transportations. Around US$ 7 one way.

Every single request I had got a NO in return, so after a few days I stopped asking.

So I felt a huge relief when I left Caroline's because there were no true hospitality, friendliness or ambitions to serve their guests.

Lina was the only one in the staff who was friendly and kind and she deserves a red rose. Thistles to the rest!

But overall it was a very disappointing experience and treatment!
Date of stay: October 2019
  • ZenHotels.com
    HK$1,498
3.5 km from Palau Carolines Resort
Deluxe room ベッド
Earn rewards for every stay
  • eDreams
Restaurant
Triple
2.4 km from Palau Carolines Resort
View more hotels in Koror
All reviews every morning amazing balcony personable staff authentic experience daily breakfast rented a car we loved our stay scuba diving central hotel nelson carmines cabin shuttle privacy sunset rock insects
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2019

We stayed for 3 nights in paradise. Every morning a custom made breakfast was delivered to our room. On the balcony we had a view of the mountains, bay and trees. The birds would sing a personal greeting. Bring binoculars for bird watching and star gazing. The staff was marvelous. Their recommendations for snorkeling/tour companies and restaurants were great. They arranged transportation for everything we requested. The laundry was done the same day. The bungalows were furnished with lovely furnature and art work that showcased Palau. Thank you, Carmen,Robert and Nelson for your hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 20 September 2019

I spent 3 nights at Carolines and I'm so happy I did! It has everything - breathtaking scenery, welcoming and accommodating staff, and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in - ever. It was such a treat having breakfast delivered to my room and eating it on the balcony every morning. It's a ~10 min drive from the main shops in Koror, but the tranquility and solitude of your own private bungalow is SO worth it. Plus they offer a friendly shuttle service into town and the main dive shops, so no need to rent a car! Thank you for such a special and memorable stay.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2019

We spent a week here, in room no. 8 at the top of the hill, with simply incredible views over the Rock islands. But the service blew us away almost as much as the views! Smiles galore and an enthusiastic greeting every time we returned from a diving day. Carmen, Nelson, Robert and their colleagues were always there if we needed anything. Such lovely people; the atmosphere was more like a homely guesthouse rather than a luxury hotel. There are golf carts at reception to whisk you to your room and to deliver your breakfast every morning. All the rooms have a large balcony and have been renovated recently to a very high standard. When we return to Palau, we will go back to the Carolines.

Room tip: The higher the room number, the better the view!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SimonandSofie
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Palau Carolines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2019

Hello Simon and Sofie,

I hope all is well on your end!

On behalf of the staff and management team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Palau Carolines Resorts and also thank you for your good comments. I'm looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Have a good day and God bBless!

Thanks, looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 10 February 2019

I stayed there for five nights. Staff are friendly and breakfast is delicious. The bungalows are amazing and the towels and bed linens are five star hotel quality.

The place is so quiet at night. Perfect for city escape.

Maybe it is just me, I think adding a hammock on the balcony would make the place absolutely perfect.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Alii and good day Ms. Catie Wang,

I hope all is well on your end!

Thank you for staying with us and thank you also for the good comments for our breakfast/bed linens and towels. We have been trying to improve our facilities and service. We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thank you again for your good comments and God Bless!

Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

We were lucky enough to have bungalow #7 (of 8) and so we were near the top of the hill with an amazing view overlooking the ocean and islands from our balcony. They served breakfast to our room each morning and it was delicious. The rooms seem to have been recently renovated and are in great condition. Nice bathrooms and large living space. Super friendly staff willing to accommodate any possible request. Staff happily provides transport up the hill to your bungalow. If you are looking for an alternative to a beach resort, head here!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rtjeter
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Palau Carolines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2019

Alii and good day RTJeter,

I hope all is well on your end!

Thank you for giving us a wonderful review and thank you also for your good comments to our breakfast. We have been aiming to give our guests a comfortable, relaxing, and great stay in Palau.

I hope that you would come stay with us again if ever you plan on going back to Palau.

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,