Vio.com
Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Strange set up in that it is located in an industrial, not so great area of Koror but once you are in the apartment, it is spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. Location wise, it is quite central as the other reviews have pointed out here. I like that it's very close to the beautiful PRR, where you can have a great breakfast. Also great, friendly staff. Service is what you would expect. As this is not right in the centre of town, you really need to get a car rental. Car park is good and safe. Good for both business and recreational trips.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2015

I occasionally visit Palau which is my birthplace but currently live and work on Guam. I travel to and from Palau almost on a monthly basis and this is the only hotel I have stayed at during the last five years. The main and only reason I chose to stay there is because of the quality of service, the accessibility to their excellent restaurant (btw, check their blueberry pancake...it is the best in the entire country bar none) and they have rental cars as well. However, above all, as in many businesses, the staff who works at these establishments and how they provide the services to their clients will ultimately make a difference whether one should return or not. The fact that I have only stayed at this hotel for the past five years is a living testament of the quality of services that the staff provides. Walk into their Front Dest office on the second floor, and the first thing you see is a smile on Ms. Jessa Panaligan's face and all of your stresses melt away. Then the new guys who are assigned to their rental cars would even meet you at the airport at 11:30 p.m. still with a smile for you to return your car. The restaurant has excellent food and besides their blueberry pancake, they have fresh sashimi daily. This is because Sam Masang, the owner, is an excellent fisherman and would occasionally go fishing to provide fresh fish. Lastly, the entire company is still based on their deeply rooted Christian belief that they "do unto others as others would do unto you." Thanks Sam, Changeina, Doreen, Star, Jessa, and others for being like a family to me during all of my visits. I will be there soon to continue to enjoy the hotel for another five years.

Yoichi

Room tip: Rooms on the third floor, but if second floor, chose rooms at the far end toward the southwest.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank yrengiil
Reviewed 20 March 2015

Just around the corner of Sam´s Tours, this is a clean budget hotel and best accommodation in that price range. If you come for diving, it is a 2 minutes walk to Sam´s Tours, a 4 minutes walk to Kraemer´s restaurant (the best food on the island) and a small supermarket is also around the corner. Rooms are layed out nearly with apartment size with a sort of living room with big sofas and TV being separate from the bedroom. Very clean, bathroom with showers, internet available by purchase of a card (7 hours for 10 USD). Breakfast is served in the restaurant with the classical choice of either Continental, omlett or pancakes.
The only negative aspect: windows are not double glazed and you hear either the cock early in the morning or when the metal scrapers next door start their work.
But all in all a very good choice for divers on a budget

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank kokukan
Reviewed 8 January 2015

close to Sam's Dive Shop. West or Kings Mini Mart within walking distance. Drop Off bar and grill within walking distance. This establishment is probably the only one in Palau that offers a room and car deal.

Room tip: double rooms have kitchenette. ideal for family or group.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ReySaburo
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I selected this place based on the other reviews posted, which were all positive, but my experience with this apartment/motel was not pleasant nor worth what I paid for my package.

The main issue I had with this place was the amount of noise from around the complex and from within. My first night was a Friday, one of the most noisy nights I experienced, with people partying in the hallways and staircases and singing to Karaoke. The next morning after having almost no sleep, I complained to Sam's Dive Tours, who sold me my dive/room package. The motel staff told Sam's that the motel's onsite Karaoke bar is only loud on Friday and Saturday. This was not always the case and I experienced regular poor sleeps. I asked one of the motel staff about the noise from the Karaoke and he said they didn't have proper sound proofing. I was hoping that they would keep the volume down after I mentioned how loud it was since my room was almost right over the lounge and restaurant. There were also construction trucks passing by the front to do excavating up the road from early morning through to the afternoon. Banging, hammering and general industrial noises could be heard from the next door shops as well, starting in the early morning and continuing throughout the day. Eventually, a manager at Sam's took action but only after a couple of weeks had passed, and for my remaining four days, was moved to West Plaza Malakal, at no extra expense to myself. Malakal was dead quiet and much nicer in all aspects in comparison.

The road leading to and in front of this this motel is filled with very deep potholes. When is rains, the potholes fill with water and makes it almost difficult to impossible to walk on without getting your feet soaked.

Another concern was the lack of front reception staff on a 24 hour basis. Most, if not all hotels/motels/resorts, have someone at front reception at all times. I was told before I arrived via email by the motel staff that there was 24 hour security, but they are not onsite and are actually an on call 24 hour security service. This was important to me as there are no safes in the rooms.

There were some good aspects about this place and that would be that my suite was clean and spacious and had a large screen tv with comfortable furnishings. Also, the food in the restaurant lounge downstairs was good and the staff was pleasant and generally helpful. There are nice restaurants within walking distance such as Carp, Kramers, and Longshoremen. Carp and Kramers were especially nice.

My trip would have been greatly improved if I hadn't stayed here. However, if you aren't bothered by noise and concerned with lack of security/24 hour reception, then this place might work for you.

Date of stay: May 2013