Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Prasanna Vee
Copenhagen Region, Denmark

Rustic Jungle Gem

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 May 2023

I found this place as a hidden gem when I stayed here 12 years back. And it still feels as exotic, romantic, and rustic as it felt back then. On an island more known for waterfront results and luxury digs, this jungle beauty is a refreshing break thanks to it being nestled amidst a grove of Coconut trees and thick jungle-like greenery

LOCATION: Close to Palau downtown inside a lush green setting. With easy access to the waterfront from the back of the property

DINE + DRINK: The Jungle bar is a super cool place to hang out in the evening and comes with an African jungle lodge bar vibes blended with a funky dive bar. The Restaurant was closed during our stay

ROOM: We stayed in Room PAPAYA COTTAGE, so this review is based on that; VIEW: sweet view of the coconut trees and greenery from a romantic balcony attached to the room; SIZE: Spacious enough for 2 adults and simple baggage; AIR-CON: Perfectly functioning cooler that helped in setting the perfect room temperature; BED: Comfortable bed that played the expected part of putting me to sleep; BATHROOM: Spacious enough and comes with a nice Bathtub and shower; TOILETRIES: Good quality cosmetics

FACILITIES: No gym on site. But there is a sweet swimming pool in the middle of all the greenery!

SERVICE: Friendly staff that took care of all our needs with a smile and made us feel pampered and well taken care of. Special Shout out to LISA who was managing the property for accommodating all our special requests, and LEONARDO who ensured we had a great time at the fabulous Jungle Bar

HOW WIRED YOU WILL BE: Free Medium-speed Wi-Fi that works well all over the property. No Television in the room, pure jungle chilL!
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
0.9 km from Palau Plantation Resort
0.8 km from Palau Plantation Resort
Restaurant
Exterior
Hotels.com
Earn rewards on eligible stays
  • Expedia
Room service
Triple
1.2 km from Palau Plantation Resort
View more hotels in Koror
All reviews jungle bar comfortable bed palau dive luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2020

This could potentially be a nice, secluded resort but we found it to be in need of renovating, repair, and improvement. The rooms were ok with small balconies. Mattresses were fairly comfortable but blankets needed to be replaced. Bathrooms were the nicest feature with a nice shower and an array of goodies like travel hairbrushes, toothbrushes, and travel body towels in addition to shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Everything seemed clean. The door locks were very flimsy but security did not seem to be an issue. There was a set of perhaps 25 steep stairs that had to be climbed in order to reach the level where the rooms were located. No easy feat slugging suitcases. Outside, the pool seemed unused and not especially clean looking. There were no chaise lounges, umbrellas, or anything around the pool at all, giving it a closed down, vacant appearance. There were three rattan chairs on a sunporch but they were broken and uncomfortable to sit in. The entire place felt empty to us. We rarely saw or heard any other people there. Special note: this is not a place for anyone with difficulty walking or climbing stairs. The walkways are mostly stone (the bigger ones that are sharp and hurt your feet too much to go barefoot) and rolling luggage on them is going to damage the wheels for sure. It is also a good 15 minute walk from town, which made it inconvenient to grab a meal out (we never ate at the small restaurant there and didn't ever see anyone use it). There is a hotel shuttle which only runs in the late afternoons and evenings. We had friends who stayed at the hotels in town and thought they would have been a better choice.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank KatherineF1929
Reviewed 1 June 2019

We chose PPR because it was located outside the centre of town and its proximity to tropical green rather than asphalt and traffic. As it turned out, the place was staffed by the friendliest helpful people. The room and Resort location was perfect for us. Their excellent shuttle system helped out when we wanted to go quickly or further than the centre of town. The suites are very quiet and private with an authentic Palauan atmosphere. Staff went above and beyond when needed and made us sad to leave.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank David G
Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

The Plantation Hotel is different to all others in Koror. There’s no marble, shiny silver or guilded decorations - this has a wonderful feel of nature. Views and sounds of the jungle are had from your room, dining and pool. Rooms are basic but beautiful, clean and feel like a jungle cabana, bathrooms are simple (showers are great!), pool & separate jacuzzi are pleasurable in the afternoon sun. The best asset here is the staff. Helpful, talkative, knowledgeable and all provide a service making your stay perfect!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

Its actually a nice hotel but getting old and needs a huge renovation. The rooms offers a small standard but its the cheapest in the area. To stay there is a feeling like in the jungle .. location is not to far from town.

Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank svenlucaworld
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Do NOT book here.... they are crooks!!! The short story, is I made a reservation and prepaid over $600, wasn't able to go, and they refused to refund ANY of my prepayment. No, they did not just keep the customary first night, they refused to refund me anything. They are clearly not interested in customer service or a good reputation of a desired place to stay. That speaks volumes, so DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!

The long story: I have never made a reservation in such a fancy place, but I thought I would splurge on myself this time. It turns out that when I got to the airport in Micronesia, I was unable to get a boarding pass. My passport was expiring in 4 months. I immediately called the hotel, and the woman at the front desk said that it was no problem and that I could get a refund. When I asked her to verify, she said that since I booked through Expedia, I would need to contact them, but it should be no problem. I called Expedia and the woman I spoke to there said she just needed to contact the hotel, because they are the ones who need to give permission for the refund. I was on an island with poor internet connection, so she said that she would contact me after she got clearance. When I got back to the states, I contacted them and she said she was never able to get through. Expedia attempted again, and they said after numerous attempts they finally got in touch with the parent company in Japan, and that they denied giving me a refund. I am livid.

As hotel owners, they are the ones who approve or deny a refund. I did not stay at the hotel nor I did not use any of their services. Since they knew I was not going to be arriving PRIOR to my anticipated arrival, they could have booked the room. And I got ZERO refund. I would understand if they kept 1 night and refunded me the rest, but once the money was in their pocket, they were not about to refund me. And, I was helpless to do anything about it.

I was hesitant to book with them initially because I got the sense that they were going to charge for every little thing. They charge you $20 for airport transport each way...what hotel does that? Also, the hotel is isolated on the island, so you need transport to get into town, to get to dive shops, etc, again... more hidden charges. My gut warned me that this hotel was not concerned with customer service and that they were just interested in lining their pockets. There are plenty of lovely other places on Palau where you can stay, where the proprietors care about their clients, potential clients, providing excellent service, their reputation, and about treating other individuals as they wish to be treated. I highly recommend that you find ANY other hotel or resort, and stay there.

Date of stay: March 2018