Grand Papua Hotel(Port Moresby)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$165
US$161
Hotels.com
US$133
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Ela Beach Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$139
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$214
US$208
Expedia
The Shady Rest Hotel(Port Moresby)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$136
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$135
All reviewsvision cityleaf restaurantmonsoon showershower doorpool areashopping mallworld classrisottolook forward to my next visitmonsoon barworkout facilityhighly recommended hoteltv servicezen spacoffee shopluxury hoteldirect access
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed at The Stanley a few times and always found it excellent. We stayed this time for a conference in June for 2 nights. The room was spacious and well appointed. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The beds are amazing and very comfortable. Its very hard to get up for an early flight, believe me! The restaurant downstairs has a very good buffet for breakfast, lunch & dinner with a good range of food to be had. Overall an excellent hotel attached to the largest shopping center in PNG which also is a bonus. The pool is also an amazing area of the hotel with a bar attached as well which makes it a great place to chill and relax. Worth the money.

Room Tip: Higher room, better view!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Geoff757, General Manager at The Stanley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Tincoll,

Thank you so much for such a great review. It is hearten to know that all our hard work is providing the quality of service and facilities that our guests require. I will pass this feedback onto all the staff at our next Town Hall meeting.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future should you return to Port Moresby in the future..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms in the upper floors (I stayed on the 12th floor) offer beautiful views of the city at night. They serve the same food everyday at the breakfast buffet but I didn't mind because there were a lot of fruits, yoghurt and muesli. The hotel has a connecting entrance to the Vision City Mega Mall which also has a lot of restaurants to choose from if you get tired of hotel food. The Silver Leaf Restaurant on the 19th Floor is also a good dining option.

The hotel offers shuttle to and from the airport.

Hotel staff were friendly and very attentive to the guests' needs.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Geoff757, General Manager at The Stanley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Joy L

Thank you for the very positive comments about your recent stay at the Stanley. The entire team is working everyday to make it the best hotel in Port Moresby..

We look forward to being of service again in the future should you return to Port Moresby.

General Manager.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Had lunch at reception front cafe, a small cafe mainly for guest and their visitors, or any visitor who does not want to go to the restaurant.
A spacious sitting place where any coffee type is served with light lunch.
Had a very quite time going thru a cop of latte n meat pie.
Love the environment, highly recommended

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Geoff757, General Manager at The Stanley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hi Wency n

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our Rainforest Cafe. A great place to meet for a quiet coffee on your own for a small impromptu meeting, with colleagues. We believe it's the best coffee in POM..

Hope to see you again at Rainforest.

General Mananger

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I reserved a room through email for four nights and asked for the GST exemption for travellers from abroad. This is NORMAL for other PNG hotels for foreigners to get GST exemption. Reservation correspondent told me it is possible to do so. However, when I just arrived to hotel, they asked me to wait for an hour to check with immigration. When she call upon me, she suddenly told me it is impossible to offer GST examption due to reservation payment have not been made outside of PNG. They added payment should be make outside of PNG in order to get the GST examption. But this is not true. If you have credit card issued from abroad you will get GST examption no matter you are inside or outside of PNG. I would recommend hotels near Jackson airport instead of stanley.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank awayawhile

Hi Awayawhile,

I am not sure where you have received your information from regarding GST exemptions from. The rules for doing this are very clear. All payments must be received by the hotel prior to the arrival of the guest, and be made outside of PNG. We have been doing this for 2 years, and all other transactions have been carried out this way.

I apologise for this not being explained to you at the time of you making your booking. I also do know other hotel do not follow this rule and allow guests to pay on arrival and still apply the GST exemption. This is not legal and we would not allow that.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Great buffet, great, deserts, great coffee, great service...

I'm a hard marker, but I couldn't fault the Stanley today, even if I tried.

The quality doesn't deviate, someone's doing a great job of training the troops.

Keep it up everyone, we may be a 3rd world nation...but this hotel is 1st class!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Peter G,

Thank you so much for this great feedback. I will pass this onto the team at our next Town Hall meeting. It is always great to receive such positive comments. Great to know we are providing what our guests want from us..

We look forward to being of service again in the future, should you return to Port Moresby..

General Manager.