“My favourite in Abu Dhabi”
Review of Sontaya

Sontaya
Ranked #26 of 2,256 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I literally can not describe how much we enjoyed eating here. The food was absolutely outstanding, so much so that I actually didn’t take pictures (that’s saying something)! I was completely absorbed by the decor, atmosphere, food, cocktails and a stunning bottle of Sancerre!
As usual we over ordered just to try a bit more of the menu and I still don’t regret it - the only thing I do is not being able to visit more frequently.
Our waitress was informative and shared some really interesting culinary culture with us before taking our order. I loved the Pad Thai but the shrimp crab meat and squid spring rolls were just delicious! We also tried the mixed satay, green Thai curry and a few other things - I have no criticism of our meal at all. Thank you for your excellent service and our wonderful meal!

3  Thank Elle Jane B

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Unique place and a lot of variaty. Is quite expensive but from time to time is ok

Excellent for a couple dinner

3  Thank Maryvim
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Perfect ambiance with candle light, pond water on the side and of course, the amazing food! My wife loved the place.

3  Thank subas s
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with friends on my last night in Abu Dhabi and I have to say - best meal of the trip. The food was superb and the setting well you couldn’t of picked a better one. If you like Thai food and a great service go and treat yourself you won’t regret it

10  Thank GFB480
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Our last meal in Abu Dhabi was enjoyed at Sontoya.. our hotel restaurant. It’s a beautiful venue and a seat outside is a must. Lovely staff and great Thai menu to choose from. My husband admittedly thinks he kicked badly and therefore didn’t really like the food but I enjoyed my 2 courses of seafood soup, hot & spicy and chicken & prawn noodles. He commented that he should’ve order something simpler like a Thai green curry. A pleasant meal to end the holiday and a contrast from screaming kids up in the Olea restaurant about 100 yards away. Sontoya reminded me of alfresco dining in Bali, it’s calm, surrounded by water and was all adults when we ate there which was about 8.30pm

10  Thank Pooja79