Open today: 10:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Review Highlights
Cabaret style shows

Have been several times and have always been happy. Al madina has a style of being different to the... read more

Reviewed 1 October 2018
sunshinelb
Lebanon
happiness

the place is a source for happiness and joy and fun. every week they offer different shows... read more

Reviewed 26 July 2018

from US$95.00
from US$140.00
from US$20.00
More Info
All reviews cabaret audience stage concert arabic sufi
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Theaters are supposed to value the spectators, but unfortunately and without even noticing in the event on facebook that reservation is a must, they made us wait at the door for one hour to be sure that they ll be place for us. This is an unprofessional way of treating the audience.

مترو ا, Front Office Manager at Metro Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for contacting us.

As you mentioned reservation and booking is mandatory for our shows.
We apologize for making you wait before the show for we had a full house on that day . We value our spectators and want everyone to have a beautiful experience .
Hope you enjoyed the performance !

Looking forward to have you again,
Drinks on us !

To avoid future incidents like these kindly reserve ahead of time by calling
+961 763 093 63

or send an Email to
Reservation@metromadina.com

Best ,
Ticketing Metro.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

A n intimate bar/theater that caters to a wide variety of events. I love the old charm of the place with the bow-tied waiters. The entertainment is usually live and lively. last night it was a sufi band that was excellent. Drinks are fair and the place is very friendly. The menu offered a variety of plates but we did not have any food. We opted for drinks while attending the concert.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Located on Hamra main street on a vibrant neighborhood of Beirut, Metro al Madina showcases its artistic commitment from the moment you go down the staircase through the small underground bar serving as antechamber.
A quaint old fashioned stage faces rows of gently sloped seats, in a decor reminiscent of a small French cabaret.
People come here to listen to the band, not show off or party loudly. This place is more dedicated to artistic integrity than easy commercially produced soundbites.
The crowd leans toward the young counter-culture side of the audience spectrum.
This is one of the few places in Beirut where original music is actually celebrated.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

My seat was a narrow, uncomfortable stacking chair that was packed in a row, touching the other chairs on either side and close behind a table that was not high enough for knees to fit under it. So it was worse than being on a plane and in the middle seat in Economy class.

Feels like they're maximizing their revenue at the expense of providing a good experience.

And there was an aisle on the other side of the table, with people coming and going -- blocking my view of the stage -- every couple minutes. Unlike a lot of venues, they will seat people and serve drinks after the performance starts, without regard for the disruptions and distractions.

I'm fine with long flights in the middle seat in Economy, but that set-up was uncomfortable enough that I left at intermission with my knees, back, backside feeling far less than well.

By the way, they don't have a phones-off policy and I sat next to someone who -- it's no exaggeration to say this -- couldn't go 10 minutes w/o checking his phone.

A minor point, though one that fit with the general sense of operation being greedy and indifferent: I ordered a water, was handed a room-temp bottle of the cheapest water you'll find in a store, no choice of chilled or not.

One person's view: the singer was tremendous and the venue has potential, though the people running it could do with a less focus on making as much money as possible, more focus on providing a good experience for people who spend their money to go there.

1  Thank delrob2017
Reviewed 19 April 2017

As Egyptian I could never imagine I will witness a show that will gather this beautiful bouquet of famous Egyptian folklore and oldies from 1930's and 1940' in any place out of Cairo. I was surprised by those young Lebanese artists who surprised us with a refined and faultless performance. I would go to the extend of saying, they improvised a bit to add a charm of theirs. Bravo and thank you for a great even of music and dance.