Hotels.com
US$133
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrainbow streetdowntown ammanprivate room with bathrooma great place to meetplace to stayrestaurant recommendationswithin walking distanceal baladgreat introductionborder crossingnice balconyother travelersshared bathroomroman theaterlocation is excellenthashem restaurantdead sea
Reviewed 29 April 2018

If you can't afford a five star hotel, but want five star service then check into the Sydney Hotel and ask for Bassam. He will make you feel like family. I stayed here for four days, got set up with tours, and the best restaurant recommendations. I have been to 97 countries and this is one of my top ten experiences. Don't pay any attention to that liar from New Delhi, Atishay. He's a cheapskate who, rather than pay for another night in the hotel, ended up sleeping in the lobby for the whole day, and left a bad after the manager objected to his disrespectful behavior. Again Sydney+Bassam=5 Stars

Room Tip: They will take care of you.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Deluxe Double Room with Balcony. The hotel also has dorm beds for travellers on budget. Our experience was wonderful. Right from the time I booked the hotel, to answering any of my emails, to giving local restaurant recommendations to booking transfers/taxis-Tarik is super helpful. He in fact booked our transfer form airport to hotel. He also booked a taxi for a quick trip to Jerash. The hotel is also a great place to meet other travelers so you can share taxi’s with them and and therefore reduce the cost. The breakfast was filling but basic with pita, boiled eggs, jams, Nutella, cheese’s, coffee and juices. The hotel was clean. The door has a code that you put in to enter, so it is very safe. It is less than a minute walk to the main market and 3-4 minutes walk to Hashem, 20 minutes walk to the Citadel/Amphitheater. However if you don’t want to walk, just take a cab and it will cost you max 2JOD from hotel to Citadel or Amphitheater.

One recommendation is changing the quilts as the quilt size was smaller than the bed size and husband and I struggled with it all night long.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Sydney for the 3 nights that I was in Amman. The hotel is in a great location where you can easily walk to the citadel, the Roman theatre, and grab food at Rainbow st. The best part of the hotel however is the staff. Passam (i hope I am spelling his name correctly) is truly the nicest person that I met in Jordan and does everything to make his guests feel comfortable and happy. The 3 nights that I was staying at Sydney, everyone talked about how amazing he is and how well he treats the guests. Truly amazing and really made my experience in Jordan positive :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Really had a very bad experience with hotel Sydney, not sure why people have rated it on the top. Seems like they are misleading on trip advisor. The behavior of the staff is not friendly at all and they have changed their commitment at the last moment.

This place is not at all value for money and is not worth a single penny.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank jainAtishay
Diya S, General Manager at Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Yes the 154 amazing reviews we have on Tripadvisor are misleading and only yours is 100% true.

I wish you have a real story to tell as I have tried to contact you to understand why did you leave us bad reviews on every channel and website possible in different each with a different Indian name!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Myself and a friend stayed here for two nights, we shared a private twin room with balcony. The staff helped us arrange transport to and from The Dead Sea. They even put us in contact with another guest who needed to be in the airport at the same time so we could share the cost. We spent the entire evening in the back yard chatting the follow travellers. I would 100% recommend the Sydney Hotel to a friend. Traditional breakfast included.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Diya S, General Manager at Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you Katie for sharing your experience with us to other travellers. It is always great to hear such great feedback :)