3 people are viewing this hotel
Steven M
London, United Kingdom

Dans the Man

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Apr 2024
Stayed two nights at the Dan Tel Aviv before the troubles. An excellent hotel in a great location on the seafront.
Accommodation was excellent and the restaurant was first class.
The rooftop pool was a real bonus.
Definitely a must should I ever have the opportunity to return to this vibrant city
Date of stay: May 2023
Room Tip: Take placenta of £££s has Tel Aviv is not cheap
Trip type: Travelled on business
2.9 km from Dan Tel Aviv Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Tel Aviv
2,192 results
All reviews guest relations indoor pool sea view executive room business lounge an upgrade beach front israel concierge tel promenade shabbat mediterranean jaffa tlv
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2024

The room was fine, comfortable bed, clean a great shower. I booked, at extra expense , the club lounge only to discover on arrival it was being refurbished. A very limited menu was on offer in the bar area which did not in any way compare with the lounge which I have used many times before. The hotel is good, great location, helpful staff but I do feel aggrieved about the lounge issue. I have written to the hotel and await a reply

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2024

I think I am spoiled forever from the treatment and people at the Dan Hotel Tel Aviv! From check-in to the beautiful room, the indulgent bath supplies and luxurious towels, the pools (indoor and outdoor) and the view! Magnificent! And the Israel breakfast kept me going back for seconds and thirds - I will not need to eat again until after the weekend! All in all, I hope I will return here soon.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2024

Elegant hotel (much better than it's sister Dan Panorama Tel Aviv). Excellent room and breakfast options. Helpful staff. The sleeping room was well equipped, comfortable and it was easy to access the wifi. In the past, I have stayed at the Incontinental and the Carlton; I'd be happy to return to the Dan Tel Aviv.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2024

I have recently had 2 short stays at both the Dan Tel Aviv and Dan Eilat hotels. These are both top of the range prestige hotels of the Dan group. I was amazed to find such a difference between these two supposedly 5 star hotels.

Firstly I should point out that the cost of one night in the Dan Tel Aviv for bed and breakfast is only slightly less than 2 nights bed and breakfast plus buffet dinner and return flights by Arkia at the Dan Eilat. I think this confirms what many previous reviewers have suggested that the Dan Tel Aviv is priced too high. While on the subject of cost, it might be worthwhile noting that in the Dan Tel Aviv if you by mistake use a plastic bottle of water they charge an exorbitant price whereas the glass bottles of water are free; at the Dan Eilat the plastic bottles are free.

The Dan Tel Aviv no longer provides free newspapers; the Dan Eilat does.

I was very surprised that the Dan Tel Aviv has no blankets or duvets in the room. We had to request two; they only delivered one and we had to request a second one. Quality five star hotels normally have something in the rooms during the cold weather.

The Dan Eilat is very well staffed compared to the Dan Tel Aviv. For instance, there were 4-5 clerks at reception at the Dan Eilat but only one at Dan Tel Aviv.

Some would say that comparisons are odious but I would suggest that the comparisons I have outlined of these 2 suposedly first class hotels, the Dan Eilat is far superior to the Dan Tel Aviv.Maybe the manager of the Dan Tel Aviv should visit the Dan Eilat to see how to manage a prestige hotel efficiently.The ''Best of the best" rating for the Dan Eilat is fully warranted whereas the Dan Tel Aviv is a long way off achieving this honoured status.

Years ago the Dan Tel Aviv used to offer a daily first class business lunch. They stopped offering this after a 50% increase in price killed the demand. They also used to offer a splendid Saturday lunch which they have also stopped.

I sincerely hope that my review may encourage the management to follow the example of their sister hotel and improve the service and value that they offer their customers.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2023 via mobile

My wife and I spent four days here waiting to start a two-week tour of religious sites in Israel and Jordan. We met some very nice young Israeli's here. These folks plus the hotel's proximity to the Mediterranean beaches and the ancient Port of Jaffa pretty much summed up what was good about the hotel. Most hotel amenities were mediocre, especially the oft cited "wonderful Israeli breakfast" that is frankly inferior to dozens of hotel breakfasts I've partaken throughout the USA and Europe. Anyone who raves about the Dan's bland fare has very limited culinary expertise and questionable tastes.

Room tip: Non Jews should avoid this hotel during major Jewish Holidays
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KK-CF
maya harel, Guest Services / Front Office at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2023

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay
I assured that these issues will be looked into.
We value your comments and hope to welcome you and serve you again.
Sincerely