All reviews great hotel huge shower top floor old city indoor pool zion square nespresso machine perfect location walking distance ben yehuda rooms are great highly recommend this hotel jaffa street deluxe room pleasant stay light rail beautiful room
Reviewed 28 September 2018

when checking in to the hotel i was greeted by some of the greatest staff members i have ever come across! especially Camie at the front desk!! she hooked me up with anything i needed!
thank you so much you were awesome!!

cant wait to be back!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Orchid H, Front Desk Reception at Herbert Samuel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Richie B,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Customer satisfaction is our commitment.

It would be our pleasure to host you again in the near future.

Front Desk Reception

Reviewed 27 September 2018

really nice hotel and the price was very reasonable. Excellent breakfast. Camie at the front desk helped us sort out and get us connecting rooms. rooms nice fresh and modern. excellent water pressure in the shower. rooms has running water and private toilet in the room. toilet paper was included. I took home the coffee machine and they didn't charge me.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2018

I picked the Herbert Samuel because of the good reviews and it didn't disappoint. Check-in was fast and efficient, the Front Desk agents were all good at their jobs and very helpful. My room was good sized with plenty of room to move around the king size bed. It had a big desk and comfortable easy chair and good sized bathroom. In fact, the walk-in shower was nearly as big as the entire bathroom in my tiny condo. It seemed to be sound proof because I never heard other guests above or around me. The indoor pool, spa and fitness room were added bonuses, attractive and well maintained. The breakfast room on the 11th floor was the best of any hotel I've ever stayed in, with a big selection of food. It's big, (maybe the whole floor) well decorated and has glass walls on 3 sides giving a great view of the city. There's enough staff in the breakfast room to take care of everybody and they were all very nice. My favorite bit of good service was when I went down to the Front Desk to ask for a late check out on my last day, which was Yom Kippur. I'm a gentile American who knows that Yom Kippur is a big deal in the Jewish calendar, but I didn't know that in Israel the entire country closes on that day. No stores open, of course, but also no traffic, no public transportation, no taxis, no tours and even the TV stations don't broadcast on Yom Kippur. My flight was due to leave at midnight and I was faced with sitting in the lobby for 12 hours. The Front Desk manager (or Assistant Manager? I wish I'd gotten her name) told me I could stay in the room until 8 pm when my ride o the airport was due. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your kind thorough review and for choosing to stay at the Herbert Samuel Jerusalem.

We thrive on providing great memories for our guests and your comment shows that we are hitting the mark. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jerusalem soon!

Have a blessed day.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Chaos, lots of staff talking to each other, disorganization, greeted us as we tried to check in. Although guaranteed twin beds it was not to be until about an hour and a half after we tried to check in. They desperately need a supervisor or manager or someone that can get the front desk to be better organized. They sent an employee to try and talk us into having a free drink while they solved the problem but once out of sight they forgot what they were supposed to do. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone until they get their staffing issues resolved. The only nice thing I can say is it is in a good location.

Room tip: lots of construction around the hotel so there is no good room until it is over.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank barbara r

Dear Barbara.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I will pass it on to the general manager.
We hope that the rest of your visit was excellent and would love to hear more from you at rec3@herbertsamuel.com

It would be our pleasure to host you again in the near future, and hopefully next time your stay with us would be flawless.

Have a wonderful day.

Front Desk

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay!
Great hotel with attentive staff. Very friendly service. Very clean and comfortable room. Thought of all the amenities we would want (lovely surprise to have a Nespresso machine available in the room).
Lavish breakfast at the top floor. Was great to have different variety each day, so there was always something new to try. Photos attached only show part of the buffet available, there were also fruits, pastries stations etc on offer.
But the best part for us was the location!! 5 minutes walk from shuk Machne Yehuda, 10 minutes walk to the old city and the Kotel. With many wonderful restaurants and bars in the surrounding streets. Nachalat Shivah boutique shops just under the hotel.
Thank you for a wonderful stay. Would love to return when we are In Jerusalem next.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilachweininger

Dear Lilachweininger,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jerusalem again soon.

Have a wonderful day,