All reviews great hotel huge shower top floor old city indoor pool zion square nespresso machine perfect location walking distance ben yehuda rooms are great highly recommend this hotel jaffa street deluxe room pleasant stay light rail beautiful room
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Great place to stay.
This is a boutique hotel in the middle of town. Walking distance to the old city, Machane Yehuda snd more.
No hesitation whatsoever to recommend and will stay here again.
Breakfast is good but nothing special.
Could do with an improvement.
The hotel has s lovely indoor pool and Spa.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Orchid H, Guest Relations Manager at Herbert Samuel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear Runaustralia,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Herbert Samuel Jerusalem.

It sounds like your visit to our hotel was enjoyable, and we're grateful that you took the time to let us know. We're also pleased that you were able to relax and unwind in our wellness center, with an indoor heated pool and spa. During these blustery winter days, there's nothing quite like an invigorating swim.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel location is in the center of jerusalem.
Near by ben yeuoda street alot of shope,bar &restu one station at the train you will be arived to "mahane yeuda market" . During the night the market change to one big fun bar and restu place to seet and meet people from all over the world . The place become one big party .
5 minute walking to "mamila center" via to jaffa gate to the old holy place.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Magal,

Thank you very much for your helpful review.

We're so pleased that you used our hotel as a convenient base for exploring all that Jerusalem has to offer, including Ben Yehuda pedestrian mall, Mahane Yehuda Market, and the Mamilla Mall, as well as the Old City.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

New hotel in mid-town location close to the light rail and 10 minutes walk to the Mahaneh Yehuda market airy rooms are clean and the pool clean and warm water especially great service and will go back soon

Trip type: Travelled solo
Orchid H, Guest Relations Manager at Herbert Samuel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Dear Zvika C,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

We're overjoyed that your stay went well and glad that you took advantage of all our hotel has to offer, including our central location and wellness center. We're also pleased to hear that our guestrooms were comfortable and that you found our service to be excellent.

We hope to welcome you back to the Herbert Samuel the next time your travels bring you to Jerusalem.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

I travel frequently to Israel bot for business and personal reasons (about 3-4 times a year). One of the most frustrating things is the lack of branded American chain properties in Israel, especially in Jerusalem. I have top status with both Hyatt and Marriott and Hyatt left Israel many years ago while Marriott has a Renaissance and now Sheraton but only in Tel Aviv. The big lack in Israeli hotels is finding proper service of what I have come to expect in my many many hotel stays in the USA, Asia, and even Europe. I do tend to stay at the same property in each city I go to so I have been searching for a property I can call my travel home in Jerusalem. I may have found it. This hotel is newly built and I decided to give it a shot based on the positive reviews. In the past I had stayed at the Sheraton Plaza Jerusalem and now with it under the Leonardo brand but I was ready for a change.
This property happens to be in an outstanding location and it feels new and in good condition. One downside is not having parking and it was a bit difficult to locate but there is a lot about a two minute walk away so not a big deal. One thing that stands out is the staff is courteous like in an upscale hotel in the USA, which unfortunately is severely lacking in Israel, even in many of the nicer properties. Very helpful and friendly upon check in. I booked what was supposed to be a slightly larger than standard room and it was a decent size for Jerusalem. Another thing that really stood out was the MASSIVE shower which I loved. Throughout my stay the staff was helpful and friendly. Also the workout room and indoor pool is unlike anything I have seen in other hotels in Jerusalem. The price was reasonable compared to the other inflated prices in Jerusalem at less nice properties. I would definitely stay at this property the next time I have a need for a hotel in Jerusalem.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear David W,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at the Herbert Samuel, Jerusalem.

We understand the difficulties travelers may face in a city where reliable name-brand hotels are lacking, and we greatly appreciate your giving our hotel a chance. We're deeply honored and delighted that you've found a new home in Jerusalem at our hotel, and that your stay exceeded your expectations, including our service, guestrooms, fitness center, and swimming pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

We went for the weekend and were skeptical b/c we didn't know anyone who stayed there (it's new). We were positively surprised - the staff was kind, attentive and polite. The food was great and everything we needed was attended for very quickly.
Shabbat breakfast was reach and delicious. It looks small b/c the hotel is not huge, but it's not.
The rooms are nice (although small like most hotels in the center of Jerusalem), the tiny pool is nice to have and the location is in the heart of the City. It's close to everything (the promenade, Mamila and the Western Wall is a 10-minutes walk).
To sum - WE WILL BE BACK!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Orchid H, Guest Relations Manager at Herbert Samuel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear 11yyh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay.

We're so pleased that we exceeded your expectations for a new hotel, and that you took advantage of all that our hotel has to offer, including our central location, breakfast buffet, and swimming pool. Thank you for your kind words about our team members as well. We strive to craft memorable experiences for all of our guests, and we can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.