“Nicce church and 1st Century Path”

Church of Saint Peter in Gallicantu
Ranked #22 of 258 things to do in Jerusalem
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The church s nice and has some good views but my takeaway was the path that dates back to the 1st Century. Not in my top 10 of Jerusalem but nice enough to visit.

All reviews
"moving place"
"last supper"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2018

This church is easily recognizable by the image of a chicken on the tower. It reminds us of the story of Peter denying Jesus 3 times before the rooster crows. This church is quite magnificent with beautiful scenery because it is above the altitude. From here I can see the beautiful view of the city of Jerusalem. In this church I was invited to see the torture chamber of Jesus before being handed over to be crucified. there was a blood mark on the wall, although based in the information I received the blood mark was not the real blood of Jesus. I get a lot of information about the story of Jesus in this church. This is reflected from the beautiful paintings on the walls along the exit.

1  Thank tepas2000
Reviewed 30 April 2018

There was so much to see.. the place where Peter denyed Jesus, the prison cell of Jesus, and the place where Pontious Pilot washed his hands.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Average church with little to no significant murals inside. The best part for me was pulling my feet in the Sea of Galilee