Bethlehem Star Hotel
Alexander Hotel(Bethlehem)
  • Restaurant
Ararat Hotel(Bethlehem)
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop restauranteveryday lifegreat hotellandjesusfloorgroupchurchnativitychristians
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Spectacular and safe. The staff gave me a free room upgrade. Also, my luggage was lost on the way there and the staff was very helpful allowing me to use the phone and took several messages for me while I was out.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The saving grace is the location near the Church of Annunciation and the beautiful view of the little town of Bethlehem from the eighth floor rooftop restaurant. The food is reasonable but some of the leftovers from the night are served the next morning. The staff are not very friendly, there is no Room service and no Coffee maker in the room. Some of the rooms are small boxes. Using the lifts is an ordeal as there are only two with only one working properly and limited capacityThere are different Pilgrim groups given different timings for Breakfast. I we are told 6 30 AM and another group is at 6, they dont allow you to have Coffee also at 6 AM.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Staff were nice. Especially the chef. Head waiter was a bully. Rooms not great. Food terrible. I know it's a pilgrimage but would liked to have a bit more comfort leading to long days and early rises.

Room Tip: I think there was no such thing as a good room
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank noelia1278
Reviewed 22 August 2017

This is a difficult one. I do not like to be over critical of places where there are difficulties, as is the case in Bethlehem, but this hotel is not somewhere I would want to return to. We were on a pilgrimage and the travel company like to bring in trade to help the economy here, an aim that I have to agree with, but I have the impression that the staff and management here could do a lot more to make a stay more enjoyable. The rooms are small, decoration very old and generally run down. The water was cut off twice in the week we were there and the lifts kept breaking down. Every time something like this went wrong there were profuse apologies from the manager who stressed all the problems they experience, and then something else would go wrong. There must be better hotels in Bethlehem.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Stayed here for four nights while on pilgrimage. The reception area is small with a bar and seating. Our room was basic with cheap plastic bathroom accessories, rough towels and we had to ask for a bath mat. The beds were clean but the room itself could do with a good cleaning and scrubbing.

What I found most annoying was the very basic food that was laid on for breakfast and dinner. No imagination at all. We were watched like hawks in case we ate too much. At dinner the food was put on your plate by a so-called chef who gave you on piece of meat and you dare not come back for seconds. The flies were landing on the food and it's no wonder I got a dose of the trots while staying there. Definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel; but make up your own mind.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends