All reviewsgolden hornrooftop restauranttop floorgreat locationbeautiful roof terracedoor stepwould recommend this hotel to anyonebuffet breakfastnight staypleasant staythe air conditioningexcellent hotelbosphorusbasementsewagetl
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Overall I really enjoyed this very old (135 years!) hotel that was renovated 15 or so years ago. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, I liked my clean room, and enjoyed the rooftop restaurant so close to the Galata Tower. My only problem related to an issue unrelated to the hotel accommodations that I had with my credit card where I needed to call the US on a toll-free number to get things straightened out. I used the front desk phone because I couldn't call from my cell, but it was late at night so things were quiet. Unfortunately, it took 7 calls over two hours because I kept getting hung up on. When I finally was successful with my bank, I hung up and the Galata desk person informed me that I would be charged 250 Turkish lira (equivalent to $53) for the call. This really upset me as I'd just spent two very frustrating hours trying to get things fixed, and had no idea I'd be charged because it was an international toll-free number. I felt the hotel staff could have informed me earlier about this charge (apparently anytime any number is dialed in Turkey there is a charge), so I could have asked my bank to call me.

That said, I would definitely consider staying at the Anemon Galata again, but will try to clarify anything questionable ahead of time. (This was a very unusual situation.)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Good price to quality ratio. Friendly staff. Good rooms. Even though it is located in a busy part of this neighborhood, it is quiet.
Breakfast is average, but the view from the restaurant is incredible. Highly recommended

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Colesterol
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The hotel room, with twin beds, was small but clean and had everything we needed for our night's stay.
The staff were welcoming and professional and answered all our questions politely. We didn't eat at the hotel, but made a point of going up to the 5th floor restaurant for coffee after an evening out exploring. The highly acclaimed night time views from the large windows. these did not disappoint - amazing!
The area around the hotel, directly next to the Galata Tower, is lovely, with little shops and eateries everywhere. Even though we were two women travelling on our own, we felt very safe here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Saturday noon, the place was empty although half of it was reserved and nobody arrived to claim it. 3 people working but none of them took the time to accommodate us, we were left unattended until we called for attention. The appetizers were brought at the same time of the main courses, food was just ok, lack of flavor to be honest keeping in mind prices were higher than other places we went (average of 55 TL or 12 € or US$ 20 )

*The view is good so you can have a nice picture out of the experience.
*Free WiFi

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cesar R
Reviewed 13 April 2018

This one caught me completely off guard, based on the low price I paid. It is an incredible hotel! Beautiful location next to the tower, which I could see from my room. Great, safe, & quiet neighborhood with all kinds of unique shops & restaurants. The facility itself was immaculate & the staff all spoke very good English, and were VERY helpful & accommodating. Due to unforeseen travel SNAFUs we didn't arrive until after 3 AM, and they were waiting for us! They showed us to our room & told us to just stop back by when we woke up.
The decorations throughout the building are jaw-droopingly beautiful.
But wait until you see the view from the 5th floor!

Stayed: April 2018