“Excellent Turkish food and service”

Buhara Ocakbasi Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 15,420 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Description: Since From 1979 We Are Here To Serve You The Tasteof East And Southeast Food With Our New Decoration And Serving Quality Waiting For Our Respectable Customers
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Buhara Ocakbasi makes a wonderful first impression when the fresh, hot Turkish bread comes to your table, along with some flavorful tulum cheese. I recommend the Adana lamb kebab (the menu says spicy, but it's not hot at all if you don't eat the hot pepper that comes with it, and it's pleasantly spicy if you do). The service is attentive and welcoming but not overbearing. I have been traveling in Turkey for 10 days on this trip. Buhara Ocakbasi did not serve me the priciest meal I have eaten here, but it did serve me one of the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,494)

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We came here because of all the good reviews we saw and it really was amazing as everyone says. The service is so friendly and welcoming. Shout out to Shamus! We got a mixed platter which was so refreshing and colourful. For mains we got a mixed meat platter and the lamb was so tender and juicy. One of the best kebabs we have had here. We also received complementary tea and baklava! Amazing service and food! You must try the apple tea it is spectacular!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Charcoal kebabs are amazing, as is the homemade baklava but what makes this place truly special is the staff who are unique in Istanbul - much much recommended

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I came here for a TripAdvisor it was delicious service excellence very nice place ambience is great Mr Birling is very nice

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We were really surprised by our delicious meals in Buhara restaurant in Istanbul city. We had our lunch there three times and I would strongly recommend it for who want(s) to have an unique experience in Istanbul!

Been to Buhara Ocakbasi Restaurant? Share your experiences!