US$130
US$139
Expedia
  • Pool
Maniumpathy(Colombo)
Hangover Hostels Colombo(Colombo)(Great Value!)
All reviewsluggage liftgalle roadsri lankatuk tukbarefoot shopsmall windowgreat showerdorm roomair congallery cafelocation is greatfresh fruitcomfy bedbreakfast was deliciousclean roomscable tvhot shower
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Absolutely a great stay, I have stayed here many times and it has always been consistent which is very important. Only a few blocks a way from Barefoot and there is also a cinema showing all latest releases and a shopping complex called Majestic City soon after barefoot which I thought it was very convenient. The food was incredible and yummy! Sleep was very pleasant in the middle of the city. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Aslam A
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I travel for business, we generally stay in 4-5 star hotels at a average of 120-200$usd per night - thats our budget when we travel for a hotel - we have never been to Sri Lanka and we needed to stay 10 days - dreading a 1500$-2000$ hotel bill my wife convinced me to try something different - a very basic hotel - she showed me pictures and reviews and i said “OK” but only book 1-2 nights and if its bad we can move over to the Hilton - to my surprise the rooms are very clean - large - designed well, cable TV with many news and movie options - free wifi thats fast enough to get work done - there is a common area with a full kitchen and guests are encouraged to prepare food - we use the kitchen to get ice and put ice-cream in the refrigerator for a late night snack - I have stayed in mediocre 4 star hotels for more then double the price - on a budget or not on a budget this place is a deal ! We are happily booking 8 more nights today -

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I booked Drift on the recommendation of a friend. Stayed two night. The hotel was very stylishly designed in a minimalist style. The beds/sheets were amazingly comfortable for a hotel in this price range and rival those in a 5 Star hotel. Although they serve only breakfast there are tons of great eating places within close walking distance for every price range. I particularly liked the cafe at Barefoot. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Overall, I had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Place is a bit far from centrum. Inn itself and rooms are clean and nice but...

I wanted to have an airport pick up but it was hard to get a price for the pick up. I informed the amount of persons in our group and asked for a total price. In every mail the price changed and in the end I didn’t get the right fee. To their credit I must say that they settled for the lowest price they gave me.

For bf there is 2 options: classic and healthy smoothie. Reception told that they serve bf from 7:30. We where there on the dot but the bf room was empty with no one there. After a while we learnt that the smoothie option is available only after 8:00, classic one they serve earlier. Why the receptionist did not communicate this with us earlier. We could have slept 1/2 h longer...

Last but not least. There was bed bugs in the bed. I notised the bite marks only at home and wrote about it to Drift bnb. I asked them to check the bed so that the next customer would avoid the horroble bites. I never got any reply.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Ravi B, Manager at Drift BnB Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Mikainul,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we appreciate your feedback. The price of our airport pickups are fixed as we book it through the biggest cab service provider in Sri Lanka (unfortunately we do not have our own taxi to offer you Drift level service) - the price is generally higher than normal if you need to book a Van for multiple people hence the price increase.

We indeed have multiple breakfast options available, however, we apologize if the staff did not communicate effectively that breakfast starts at 7:30am. It is however written in big letters on the breakfast menu up on the blackboard at the reception.

Regarding your statement about bed bugs - I have gone through all our mails and we did not receive any message of the sort. If we had, we would have taken the issue very seriously.

Again we appreciate the feedback, although as I've pointed out a lot of the issues you pointed out were not necessarily true nor warranted the one star review you gave us...

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Really lovely place. A/C in room and you'll need it. Big bathroom. Comfy bed. Seriously comfy. Simple breakfast of thin omelette, pikeletes, toast, banana and watermelon for Rp700. Wi-Fi included in room charge. Situated in Colombo 3. Just make sure that if you're not coming from the US, you should pay hotel charges upfront. It's easy to get confused when locals are talking in dollars, and those dollars end up not being Australian dollars. Much easier just to pay when organising.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo