Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Uga Residence(Colombo)
Palm Nest(Colombo)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2015

For the first time I didn't read trip advisor reviews, big mistake!
I booked through booking.com and the room should have cost £40 for a night, however just before I arrived the had charged my cc £96. They sent an email explaining they had refunded my card but still no money has gone in to my account.
The hotel is down a dark rough street and the advertisment is very incorrect.
I feel bad for everyone else having read the reviews, however it all makes sense now, the hotel advertised room service for breakfast however the manager was very insistent we had to have it down stairs. Lucky for us we didn't like the hotel one bit so got up early and left before breakfast.

Room Tip: Do not book
6  Thank Charlie3888
Reviewed 10 April 2015

Don't touch this hotel! My girlfriend and I had money stolen whilst we were at breakfast. The 'manager' spoke with us while another member of staff raided my girlfriend's bag. Not the first review to write this either. It's in a bad location too. Not worth the money or the hassle!

3  Thank Ciaran M
Reviewed 10 April 2015

The people seemed lovely at first but we soon learned that they lured us into a false sense of security so that they could sneak up to our room and steal our money whilst at breakfast. We had 8000lkr and 600aed taken. I wish I had read the most recent reviews before I left. They also tried to debit our account more than once. Do not stay here: they begin your stay by getting you onside and telling you about the nasty deceitful tuk-tuk drivers you have to watch out for. I can afford to be charged 200lkr over the odds for a tuk-tuk thanks but I don't take kindly to this dishonesty.

3  Thank Ali P
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

The hosts seem like lovely people, only to lure you into a false sense of security while you eat in the morning. Money was stolen from the zip section of a handbag I had which was sitting on the bed. 8000lkr and 600aed. Absolute disgrace, especially from people who warned us when we arrived about dodgy tuk tuk drivers looking for money. They also tried to debit our credit card more than once for our stay. Do not stay here! It seems the staff are all in on it together!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AliPezza
Reviewed 18 March 2015

We would have rated this hotel quite well if money had not been taken from our room while we were at breakfast. Room ok. Location ok. The photos make it all look better than the reality. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple