Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
US$96
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/02/23
eDreams
ZenHotels.comUS$126
All reviews staff members are clean and spacious bathroom great rooftop restaurant breakfast room wouldn't stay anywhere else coffee maker great room hd tvs each morning great hotel quiet location excellent stay business trip timur ambassador reception city
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2022

I last wrote about this hotel in June 2019, so I felt it was time for an update. Looking through recent TripAdvisor reviews, I see much of my work has been done for me. Just last month, Hashmat Singh did an excellent job of capturing many of the details I would otherwise have included. I will try to supplement his and the many other glowing reviews, rather than repeat them.

The good news is that not much has changed over the years since my last (pre-Covid) visit. Solutel continues to provide excellent accommodations and top-notch service at very competitive prices.

The hotel is located in a cul-de-sac, so you can sleep with the windows open to the fresh mountain air without worrying about late-night sirens or early morning traffic noise. Blackout curtains keep the early morning sun at bay until it is invited. The air conditioning is whisper quiet, not one of those noisy window units.

The location allows easy walking access to much of the downtown area. But Bishkek has grown considerably over the years, and new restaurant offerings are continually popping up, some of the more interesting ones being found in the suburbs. Taxis can be ordered at the front desk, and are inexpensive by Western standards. A recent trip to a restaurant took about 25 minutes by taxi (due to traffic issues) and the fare was 200 som ($2.50).

As others have said, rooms are well-appointed with luxuries such as “King” beds that are made of two standard mattresses, heated bathroom floors, bidets (which will spoil Americans once they get used to the feeling of being fresh and clean), reading lamps bedside, in-room safes, free in-room Wi-Fi, blackout curtains and modern windows that open, HDTVs, etc.

On the downside, TV content at the moment is mainly Russian content in the Russian language. In anticipation of this, I brought my Roku streaming device, which works well when plugged into the same HDMI socket as the hotel uses for TV. However, all hotel outlets are 220 volt. To my surprise the Roku box is 115 volt, so I had to locally buy an 80-watt converter and an adapter to use it ($20 for all).

The included breakfasts are great, as they can accommodate many individual tastes and time-zones. For those that arrived in the wee hours of the morning, they will be looking for dinner fare more so than breakfast fare. For those of us that have multi-week stays, we can gradually transition from dinner to breakfast fare each morning. The breakfast area is modern and bright, and there’s an outdoor patio for those that prefer alfresco meals aside garden views with snow capped mountain glimpses.

Staff members are all eager to provide genuine Kyrgyz hospitality. Kudos to management for providing a pleasant team-oriented working environment and being supportive during the difficult Covid times. (Note that Bishkek, rightly or wrongly, is entirely mask-free now.) My wife and I were surprised how many familiar faces we encountered on this trip. Zamir was a sommelier three years ago, and is now the food and beverage manager. We both instantly recognized each other. Many other staff were also familiar: Azamat, Nurislam, Melis, Samat, … too many to list! We also added new faces, such as the night maid, Oksana. We unfortunately don’t often see the day maids, cooks, engineers, and others that work so hard to make our stays comfortable.

For a reasonable price, treat yourself to an on-sight massage during your stay, in the basement massage/gym/sauna rooms. The front desk can arrange for someone, or try our favorite (who, btw, only speaks Russian and is technically blind, so ask the front desk to assist. She is also highly qualified as a professional masseuse): Miraida 550 812808.

The Ambassador is an older sister hotel that is a few doors away, and has a nice (and recently expanded) rooftop restaurant and bar with an extensive menu.

In summary, my wife and I have stayed at Solutel many times and have never been disappointed. We have also stayed elsewhere at comparable hotels, and regret some of those visits. We advise you to book Solutel early to avoid disappointment.

Finally, the hotel staff can also arrange a transfer from Manas International Airport (FRU) for a small fee.

Room tip: The hotel offers several types of rooms, at different prices.
Date of stay: June 2022
Asel Mursalieva, Продажи at Solutel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2022

Dear Krazy C,

Thank you for the great review of your stay at Solutel!
It was an honor for us to welcome you to our hotel!

We are glad that you had a great time with us, got the maximum comfort from your stay and appreciated the level of service, and your kind words to our employees are the best reward for our work.
We will pass on your kind words to our staff.

We hope that you will please us again with your visit in the near future. See you later!

We wish you good health!

Sincerely, the team of the Hotel "Solutel"!

Reviewed 30 May 2022 via mobile

A discreetly set hotel on a very quiet street yet within 10 minutes walk from downtown and literally dozen's of restaurants within easy walking distance, so the location is just perfect.

The hotel itself has barely 20 odd rooms that are very comfortable, plush, modern and decently sized. Some of the rooms are quite large. They are on 3 levels above the reception and accessible by an elevator.

Kettle and coffee machine provided in the room as well as the usual modern conveniences like Flat screen TV, safe, large writing table, sofas, bedside lamps with reading light, very modern toilet with heated floorings etc.

Great staff at the desk and the small breakfast room with an outside seating. The breakfast itself is all you would want with an extensive buffet laid out and hot items to order fresh. Good coffee machine though very slow, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, meats, cheese, breads etc.

A sauna room that is included and a massage on order to be placed well in time.

No restaurant in the hotel, but a small nice bar in the breakfast room which is open the whole day. A great rooftop restaurant in the hotel just across the rood. The Time Bar at the Ambassador and a really nice French bakery and restaurant 2 minutes walk at the street crossing.

This is 'THE' hotel in Bishkek despite the larger Hiltons and Marriott's. Wouldn't stay anywhere else, except maybe The Ambassador across the road!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Asel Mursalieva, Продажи at Solutel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2022

Dear Mr. Hashmat Singh,

The administration of the Solutel hotel thanks you for your kind words about our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We sincerely thank you for the detailed description of our hotel, which is located in the city center.

Knowing that you enjoyed your holiday to the fullest is the best reward for us. It is also a great honor for us to receive your praise regarding the work of our employees, who sincerely want and make every effort to provide a truly carefree pastime to you - our dear guests.

We will be glad to welcome you again to give you another vacation filled with vivid impressions.

Best wishes,
Solutel Hotel Team!

Reviewed 26 April 2022

Three-week solo business stay in March-April 2022. Perfectly clean room with modern fixtures and furniture. Fast and reliable wi-fi throughout hotel. Very high-quality breakfast included with room, with diverse, tasty, hot and cold buffet options as well as eggs, pancakes, etc. cooked to order. Small but well-equipped fitness room with weight machine, stair climber, treadmill, free weights. Very quiet location but within close walking distance from city center, Erkindik greenway, many great restaurants, supermarket, etc. Considering all this as well as price, I think that it would be difficult to find a better option, even among hotels with more famous international names nearby.

The staff are all very professional and genuinely happy to help. Over my long stay, I felt fortunate to receive excellent service from Kymbat, Asel, and Ayana at the front desk, as well as Timur, Samat, and Azamat in the restaurant. All these staff members worked with admirable efficiency and energy even though they seem to work extremely (perhaps excessively) long shifts. I hope that management recognizes their great work, perhaps with overtime pay for the longest shifts, and gives them a chance to rest during the slow times in the middle of the night!

I am sorry not to have noted the housekeepers' names (they do not have name tags, but still I regret not asking), but they always did perfect work and should be recognized too.

Room tip: Even standard room is quite large, with huge bed
Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Solutel Hotel with us.

It's always nice to hear positive feedback, especially when it comes from those who matter most to us - our valued guests! We were happy to learn that you appreciated the quality of services provided by the staff of our hotel. We will pass on your kind words to Kymbat, Asel, Ayana, Timur, Samat, and Azamat.

We will be very happy if you give us a chance to meet you once again and please you with a range of services.

Best regards,
Solutel Hotel Team!

Reviewed 19 February 2022

仕事関係で四泊泊まりました。どのスタッフも大変親切で、気遣いが上手でした。若い男性のスタッフで日本語が話せる人もいました。また、マネージャーのTimurさんは本当に素晴らしかった。忙しい時には話しかけて来ず、ロビーでビジネスのミーティングを行うとコーヒーを差し出してくれ、サウナのあとにソファに腰掛けていたら水はどうですかとペットボトルをくれました。こんなに気遣いできる人は日本でもなかなかいないと思います。また、私は2回マッサージを利用しましたが、大変気持ちよかったです。また利用したいです。

I came to Bishkek for a business trip and soultwl hotel was perfect! Every staff were kind and keeps smiling. One young man staff could speak Japanese, and a young lady staff helped me a lot for pruning and call for a taxi. The manager Timur was especially super! He always cares of the customers’ situation. For example, when I was busy at something, he did not bother me. But when some of my business partner came to the lobby, he provided coffee. After I did a massage, he asked me if I want a bottle of water. He really provides what the customer needs. I will definitively stay here again when I come back.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Asel Mursalieva, Продажи at Solutel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2022

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all thank you very much for taking your time to post your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your visit to the hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

We are extremely thanks for highlighting so many positive details of your stay. We are sure your great feedback will be great guide for many travelers.

We are also very grateful for your kind words about the staff, especially about Timur.
We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future!

Best Regards,
"Solutel" Hotel Team!

Reviewed 5 December 2021

I liked the location the most!! it is in the middle of the city with access to most areas. The rooms are very spacious and really clean. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and spacious bathroom..The food is good too.

Date of stay: December 2021
Milena Turatbekova, Продажи at Solutel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2022

Dear Guest (Travel_passionate123),

We’re delighted to receive your awesome review.
Comments like these make everything worthwhile!

Thank you for your lovely words regarding our staff.
We hope to see you at our hotel every time you visit Bishkek!

Kind regards,