“SOMETHING TO BE REVISED IN THE KITCHEN”
Review of Zaiqa - the Taste - CLOSED

Zaiqa - the Taste
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I had been a couple of months ago and I revisited this Indian restaurant, I must say that the service and definitely improved but also that the food become worse.
Compared to my previous visits to the quality of the food very good before, now become very poor; the chicken masala was very chewy, the fish smell not fresh, and the gravy sauce spinach was very dry, something to set-up again in the kitchen!!

Date of visit: July 2013

Reviewed 28 May 2013

easily the best biryani I've had for many years, and definitely THE longest grain basmati I've ever had..this was heading to be one of my best reviews: the person who took my delivery order for chicken biryani, palak paneer, bhindi masala and ras malai was extremely courteous and well-spoken..I requested only breast meat for my biryani and he v graciously agreed immediately (via sms)..when the food arrived, I was truly stunned at the sheer length of the basmati rice grains..the longest I've ever seen..the biryani was perfectly seasoned, and not at all oily..really fragrant..the bhindi was tangy/tomatoey..the palak paneer was creamy..BUT...cardinal sin: there was one juicy breast, on the bone..and one thigh..unforgiveable in my books as I absolutely cannot eat thigh/drumstick..and to compound this, the ras malai was closely packed with the main dishes, and not only was it warm, but the paneer balls had either dissolved or were never there..overall, I'm definitely keeping the phone number for those nights when only a biryani will do!

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank WanderingGourmand
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I you're far from the center city this restaurant will be a great solution, I been there already several times food is always very tasteful; very rich menu great curry dishes with chicken or mutton. Here also u can found a delicious basmati rice, typical indian soft drink and really nice dessert. Just a note, this restaurant will not served any kind of beers or wine.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I had not had Indian food in Ho Chi Minh City for a long time just because it was getting too much of a standard commercialized taste in almost all of the Indian restaurants. Then I was invited by a colleague of mine to have a dinner at 'Zaiqa'. In a nutshell, this restaurant is different to others in town and they actually serve cuisines with 'original Indian' taste. I tried their chicken Biryani and Taka tak - they both worth more numner of visits from me for sure.. Their drinks are great too !! And if for nothing else, you would want to visit them for their service - they treat you like a king. So if you are getting not too much of an attention at your home, drop in to Zaiqa and you will come out feeling better ;)

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Both starter dishes (mutton samosas, onion bhajis and poppadom) and mains ( Taka Tak, chicken Rezala and vegetable jalfrezi) were delicious, as was the cheesy garlic Naan.

Everything tasted rich and fresh and the Taka Tak was a particular stand out dish. The bhajis were light and fritter- like as opposed to greasy and heavy. The Samosas were tasty and encased in rich, flaky pastry peppered with toasted fennel seeds. The naan was light and crispy- chewy instead of thick and doughy, which was just as well, as we were stuffed after satisfying portions and endlessly replenished pickles and dips

It's just a Shame that we weren't able to wash it all down with a nice cold beer: the restaurant doesn't serve any alcohol at present, though it's well worth a visit to enjoy some really very good Indian food and then moving on to a pub afterwards.

1  Thank maciejborucki