“Enjoyable dinner”

Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A French Chef Thierry Mounon and his wife Tina are welcoming you in that elegant colonial style Villa. In Saigon's District 2, enjoy traditional or not so traditional French cuisine straight from Provence. Have lunch or dinner in the serene courtyard or refined interior, both bolstered by experienced and personable waitstaff. La Villa French Restaurant is located on a quiet side street off Thao Dien, a short taxi ride from the city center. La Villa French Restaurant features authentic French cuisine with true love of top products.Lunch Menu available, Dinner, a la carte and set menus are available for your dining pleasure. For the connoisseur a broad selection of French wines is on offer.La Villa is closed Sundays. Local Insight: The Lobster Menu is a must! Lunch Menu available Bringing due diligence to dessert, each pastry is delicate, delicious and just a touch decadent.
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Saw the good comment in TripAdvisor so I decided to have a fine dinner with my partner here. We arrived a bit early before 6:30pm and sat for a while in the garden while waiting to be seated. Staff were so nice and always with smiles. A couple of sets for us to choose and we have finally chosen a five course set. Didn’t go for wine pairing as it could be too much to have to have 5 glasses. We have followed the recommendation from the staff and picked a bottle of red. Overall, the food are good especially the scallops. It’s the environment and the services that made it a very enjoyable evening for us. Do make reservations as it’s almost full in the room.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Recommended to us by an expat, we were not disappointed. Beautiful building, charming dining room, and food to match. Had the La Villa menu, more than enough for me. Had the sea bass, but should have had the duck. The apple flan dessert was exceptional.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I did visit the restaurant together with friends of mine. We are all well travelled and do agree that La Villa is an outstanding restaurant. The food is excellent, the vine list is superb, and the same goes for the setting and atmosphere.We did have the surprise menu, and the kitchen did surprise us with a variety of excellent courses. And of all places in the world, I got my favorite white vine; CHÂTEAUNEUF DU PAPE, CHÂTEAU DE LA GARDINE, 2011

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Back to this restaurant. Great food, In my opinion Michelin star level in his style, that of traditional French cuisine.
Warm welcome, smiling service, reasonable prices for this quality.
Top fresh products. Fish, beef, foie-gras, crustaceans, amazing cheeses trolley...
I recommend!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This came highly raved by our friends who brought us here. I was at first a bit put off when i researched this restaurant on trip advisor as the reply from the chef sounded very defensive.

The restaurant is pretty but i must say that the food was excellent. All the courses were perfect and we didn't have any bad dish. The Foie Gras was to die for!!! It was a shame that i had to share this with my husband as he ordered another set which didn't have Foie Gras.

The dessert was yummy but i personally find tat its a bit too heavy after stuffing ourselves. A sorbet would be a nice touch to end the excellent dinner as the weather was pretty hot.

The only disappointment was not being able to order ala carte together with the set as there were a few other dishes we would love to try (i.e. top up on Foie Gras). But we understand that the chef needs to be consistent to be able to serve us at the same time. Oh well... it just means that we have to come back again then.

I do have to agree with the chef that all concerns should be pointed out during the meal and they did address it straight away.

The night would have been even more perfect if the air conditioning can be a bit colder. It was a bit warm when we were sitting inside. I feel like i am trying to find a pin in a haystack with this complain.

Overall, we love everything about this place and will definitely come back again on our next trip to HCMC.

Our compliments to the chef!

1  Thank Alex P