“Great guide ”

Vietnam Indulgence - Day Tours
Ranked #718 of 917 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We established Vietnamese Travel Connection in order to bring the best experience to you when you travel in Vietnam. We began our career as the English and French-speaking guides since 2003. Our intention was to create a small boutique travel company, We have over 13 years experience in creating numerous unique, exciting and informative tours in every region of Vietnam.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

After long flights to Vietnam, it was great to see Tony's smiling welcome at Hanoi airport. On the journey into the city, he explained to us what we could do that evening and pointed us on the direction of the old quarter. The next day he took us round the city showing us the highlights whilst explaining a lot about Vietnam's culture and history. He is very knowledgeable and takes time to suit what he says to your interests, and leaves you time to absorb things. He is very knowledgeable about the cuisine, and booked us a table for lunch at Koto...a great choice. He also has a good sense of humour and is very interested in the people he shows around.

He also made suggestions for things to do for other parts of our holiday where he wasn't acting as a guide, very helpful.

I can highly recommend Tony, he is a friendly and helpful tour guide.

Tony T, Manager at Vietnam Indulgence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear David,

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you and to share my knowledge and love of my city with you. I hope you really enjoy your time in Vietnam

All reviews
"itinerary"
"sights"
"introduction"

Reviewed 12 April 2018

From the first moment when Tony picked us up from the airport we knew that we were in good hands. After recovering from the flight Tony was able to offer suggestions of restaurants and good value places to eat. He has an amazing insight of all aspects of Vietnam history and culture. He is not only knowledgeable but good fun to be with and speaks really good English. A visit and meal with a local family were included and thanks to Tonys translation skills we had a memorable night! We were on a 2week holiday travelling from Hanoi to Saigon and had different guides along the way. It is fair to say that Tony was by far the best - in fact in a league on his own.!! Chris & Rose

2  Thank chris p
Tony T, Manager at Vietnam Indulgence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Chris,

Many thanks for the review Chris and Rose. I had a great time with you and enjoyed your company. I hope you return to Hanoi soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Our trip to Vietnam and Cambodia started in Hanoi with Tony as our guide and for the first few days in Mai Chau & Phu Luong. He is very knowledgeable and a really nice guy who will do everything in his power to make your trip a good one. We had great fun and many laughs. Thanks for a great trip Tony.

1  Thank Sue C

Dear Sue,

Thanks for your kind words Sue. They are much appreciated. I also very much our time together. I hope you can return soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Tony is an excellent,most helpful,amusing & knowledgeable guide we have had the pleasure to have on this trip.Well prepared to make that extra effort to ensure our 4 day tour of Hanoi & Halong Bay was one to remember.

Tony T, Manager at Vietnam Indulgence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Graham,

Thank you for your kind words. I really enjoyed our time together and hope to meet you again if you return to Vietnam.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

From the moment we arrived in Hanoi and Tony greeted us at the airport we were made to feel like friends.

We were lucky enough to not only be shown Hanoi itself but while on a trip to Bat Trang were able to stroll through local markets and have a more authentic tour experience.

Tony arranged our most unforgettable moment which was lunch with a local family in Bat Trang a lunch which is forever imprinted in my mind as one of the most special experiences I will have.

We travelled with our 7 year old who also has very fond memories of Tony and his kindness and jokes with her.

Tony is also exceptionally skilled in English and his knowledge of historical events and locations is second to none. His knowledge of the best Bun Cha was also very very appreciated, although I’ve been craving it since our return to Australia !

When we are lucky enough to return to Hanoi, Tony will be our first call.

Tony T, Manager at Vietnam Indulgence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Emma,

Many thanks for your kind words. I am very happy that you enjoyed our time together as much as I did. I love my country and passing on my knowledge to visitors is a real pleasure.