2,586 results
All reviewssunset barmain buildingwest lakesaigon restaurantcafe du lacthe club loungelake viewpillow menuold quarterbeautiful hotela short taxi ridebreakfast buffetthe hustle and bustlefive star hotelupgraded to a suiterooms are largebusy city
Reviewed 9 August 2018

What a beautiful and decorating hotel. Exellent breakfast. Professional staff. The best thing is my bed - i'is so comfortable, solf and I really didn't want to go outside. An interesting experience part of my trip.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpicaS5
G_HotelManager_ICH, Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Spica S,

I am very glad to know that InterContinental Hanoi Westlake made an enjoyable and memorable part of your experience in Hanoi.

Thank you very much for your comment and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here two nights (not consecutive). Booked on IHG rewards points.

We were upgraded to an overwater bungalow the first night, which was a nice treat.
Rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Not the most modern furnishings, but generally in very good condition, and the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean.
Pool area is beautiful.

Staff were wonderful - unfailingly friendly and helpful.

Food - several restaurant options, all of which we did not try - did try the lunch buffet, food was very good, lots of options, but you pay a premium price, about USD35/person including a drink and tip. Breakfast buffet was not included in our room rate, and sheesh is it expensive. USD20/person.

Location - if you are looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle, this is a good choice. If you want to be close to the action of the Old Quarter, this is a bit out of the way.
If you get a taxi into the Old Quarter, I recommend walking out to the main road. I think the Intercontinental-logo’d taxis at the hotel front door have a higher starting price and a higher per-kilometer rate.

Overall value - in my opinion, a bit overpriced considering the many 5-star options in the Old Quarter. I wouldn’t have paid the going rate in cash (standard rate seems to be USD135). If booking on IHG points, I think this is very good value - I paid 25k points.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave B
G_HotelManager_ICH, Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your comment about our hotel.

It is a great pleasure to have you staying with us. At InterContinental, we pride ourselves not only with unique location over the water of Westlake which bringing resort feels to guests but also our customized service.

Once gain, we are very happy to hear that you have memorable experience with us and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Doan The Toan
Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 2 night in one of the “overwater” rooms, and what an experience it was! The room was very big and had everything you could want (even a pillow menu with 10+) pillow options.

We had a “few” very good drinks in both the sunset lounge and the penfolds lounge, and ate at the Saigon and Milan restaurants - all very impressive with both incredible food and wine!

The pool area was very nice and I enjoyed the many different options of sunbeds available. Having stayed at 7 hotels in Vietnam during our trip, it was nice to have something other than just regular sunbeds.

The overall service at the hotel is incredible. The staff is always ready to please the guests!

A small note thought. During our visit, the pool areas was filled with kids. 25-30 kids (younger than 10-ish) played both in and around the pool (asking around I found that this was normal during peak season). This meant that for most of the day there was a lot of screaming and splashing. I love kids and think they are the most life affirming thing on the planet, but the large number of them did make the pool experience not as pleasant as you would expect from a 5 star hotel :-(

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andreas O
G_HotelManager_ICH, Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Andreas O,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to know that you like our room, our restaurants and the team looked after you. I agree with you that the hotel has unique design which we are very proud of and constantly receive lots of great comments from guests.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back in InterContinental Hanoi Westlake soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Not too far from the center of Hanoi either, and with excellent shuttle / taxi service, but in the calm area of the huge Westlake so offering you rest and a quiet hideaway from the hectic Hanoi day- or nightlife.
Great pool,
Excellent restaurant, both the breakfast and lunch buffets are really exceptional!
Staff is genuinely friendly and very helpful, couldn’t have been better.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank PieterJanP-Belgium

Dear PieterJanP-Belgium,
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. I am very happy that you enjoyed stay with us and our team can make your great experience.

Your compliment about our staff is really encouraging us very much. I will share this with my team to recognize their effort.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

In a crowded city, this hotel is in a nice quiet corner, not too far from Old Quarter or any of the important stuff. The rooms on the lake are lovely as is the buffet breakfast. The restaurant manager takes feedback seriously, and that is commendable.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the water. They are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear HCdines,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. It is glad that you love our room and our breakfast. The staff is looked after you. We value all feedbacks from our guests since they are the reason for us to aim higher and continuously improve the quality of our service.