“Fantastic visit to Halong Bay!”
Review of Vega Travel

Vega Travel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vega Travel really become a truly tour operator, a reliable destination address to ensure your lasting unforgetable experiences in Vietnam. Well trained for sustainable eco-tourism industry and years of traveling, tour guiding experiences and abilities to read tourists’ thought to fulfill their expectation at root and roof regarding the young or the old tourist or eventhough hard to please. Working for three - dimentional target, Vega Travel ’s tour operators trendingly organise your relaxing, incentive trips especially new short and round discovery tours, create your enjoyment at strange lands in pristine nature and basical traditional culture, sustain and light the local destinations up!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Three friends and I recently did the 2-day/1-night tour of Halong Bay! Vega Travel surpassed our expectations - the multi-course meals for lunch, dinner, and breakfast were outstanding (as was the presentation of each meal!), the tour of various caves/areas of Halong Bay was great and gave us a look into both the more touristy parts as well as those further out, and the group kayaking was a lot of fun!

Peter, the leader of our trip, truly did an incredible job with the whole group! From the itinerary, to the late-night karaoke, to checking in on each and every one of us - he made us feel at-home and ensured we had a fantastic visit to Halong Bay! The entire crew was friendly, and the bartender took great care of the entire group.

The boat itself was comfortable, with a fantastic upper deck for relaxing, watching the sunset, etc.

Our schedule in Vietnam was a bit tight and we had to book a flight to Hue the evening of the last day of the Halong Bay tour and Vega travel was able to arrange a separate mini-van for us directly to the airport outside of Hanoi!

We really enjoyed our visit to Halong Bay and are happy that we went with Vega Travel!

1  Thank Katherina S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,746)
All reviews
in 66 reviews
"whole group"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just came back from a 2 day cruise with our guide Dem. It was a great experience. Everything was very well planned so that you get to go to the caves, bays, beach and viewpoint right when there is very few people from other tours. Dem was an amazing guide who was always very helpful and gave us some very interesting information during the tour. He was always there to be of help and to answer questions. He always made sure to give us clear information of the itinerary and of everything we needed to know about each of the activities. Besides, he is a super funny guy. I would really recommend booking this two day cruise and, if you can, ask for Dem to be your guide.

So a few things:

Definitely do 3 nights, stay on boat both nights and pay extra. Day 2 will be the best day by far. We were quite worried by being scammed: Vega travel were legitimate and everything the tour itinerary stated we did.

Cycling was fun and the highlight, as was the walk to the view points.

Why not 5 stars?

Sadly my trip got ruined by a comment from Dem towards myself which was nothing else but rude. I appreciate some things can be taken out of context, but I am someone who knows how to take a joke, but it was just down right offensive. You shouldn’t insult someone’s appearance like that. I spent the canoeing portion of the trip in tears to my boyfriend trying to avoid the group to save face, then avoided coming to the cooking class as I was just trying to stop crying. My boyfriend then went up to him to speak to him, and the whole situation was just made more awkward, no apology and no explanation. I have left details of the comment on my review form for which I did not hear back from Vega Travel.

Ultimately if you are going to charge prices which aren’t the cheapest- just remember your customers are paying for a good time, not to be made to feel self conscious about your appearance.

Another factor I would say- quite topical at the moment - the amount of litter in Halong Bay is appalling. The driver threw his cigarette board in the sea and bins upstairs with lots of bottles which with a wind- could go overboard. Prevention is better than cure. Get some large water bottles and reusable plastic cups people can use to refill and drink out of and reduce the chances of going in the sea.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a superb time in Halong Bay and with Vega Travel. Everything was well run and well organized and Duc was the loveliest guide one can have. Especially his sense of humor! I'd definitely recommend the tour. Pro tip: go at the end of May / early June to avoid crowds.

1  Thank Zselyke C
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great experience on Halong Bay with Vega Travel. Our guide Dem took great care of us. I don’t know if this is the case for all tours, but even though there were hundreds of tourists at the docking area, we hardly saw any other tour groups from the time we hit the water until nighttime. We had an excellent time exploring caves and kayaking in solitude on the first day. The second day was neat too—really enjoyed the viewpoint we hiked to. We were also the first group to arrive at the big cave on the Day 2, which was fantastic (definitely worth waking up a little extra early for). Dem kept us well informed on the itinerary. There were no surprises and our transport to and from Hanoi was smooth and took the expected amount of time.

We had plenty of food and every dish we were served tasted great— we literally left nothing uneaten. The rooms were very basic but clean and had AC.

My only complaints are that the ship ran out of water bottles at the end of the first day and that they sold only 0.5L bottles. Fortunately, between everyone in our group we had enough water, but it’s not good when you have to be going to other tourists asking if they have spare bottles because your cruise ship ran out. We were able to purchase more water the next morning on the island, but the ship did not restock its water supply. Still deserves 5 stars, though, because I think the company operates very professionally, provides a great Halong Bay tour, and does so at a fair price.