CucKu Homestay
  • Breakfast included
Golden Sun Suites Hotel(Hanoi)
US$61
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hanoi Marvellous Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat locationold quarterpetsfacilitiesbeds
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

From the moment I got there I felt at home. The guy there was super helpful and really nice too. He sat with me for ages advising me on what to do and where to go. It is so homely there too. There is a communal kitchen and the guests can use everything, some of the food there is for everyone to share too, there is a washing machine and even free toiletries and sweets. You can book trips and transport there and the rooms were clean. I can’t recommend it enough! Everything was perfect.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We booked this homestay skeptically as it was our first day in Vietnam and we didn't know what to expect. We just booked for one day and planned to book hotels for further days later. But the moment we stepped in the homestay , we fell in love with it.

The hosts (Lillian and La'am) are the most cheerful people I have met during my trip to Vietnam. The hotel was booked for the next days and hence we only stayed there for one day but still they helped us plan our whole Vietnam itineary and also coordinated with us at every step even when we were in Hoi An or Ninh Binh. They went out of their way to help us whether it was for rescheduling our buses or making sure we had good hotels to book in further cities.

Their homestay was also near perfect and it's really hard to match the serenity of their place. Little away from the noise of Old Quarter , their homestay was the perfect place to unwind and relax. Their rooms with spacious bunk beds and their kitchen with free food to use was the perfect way to remove the tiredness of the journey.

All in all I would recommend their homestay to anyone and everyone who wants to actually enjoy the peace and beauty of Vietnam.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The moment I walked in through the gate, I knew CucKu was the place for me. It's located in a quiet residential area, yet close enough to the hustle and bustle of the Old Quarter. The owners and the manager were very welcoming and helpful. The layout and small size of this homestay makes for a very intimate, family-like atmosphere. A lovely garden and excitable pets add to the positive vibe. The facilities were good enough for this type of homestay. The beds were confortable and spacious.

When all is said and done, I had a brilliant time at CucKu Homestay and would not hesitate staying here in the future if I ever find myself in Hanoi again. :-)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jaunius_Zulonas
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Friendly people! After a long journey it was all that I needed. There was a lot of nooise outside at night! But the beds Where Oke and everything was clean! With free Coffee and thee. Even free food! Thank you

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I had stayed in 3 different hostels before I moved here. After 4 days of staying, I can say here probably the best place you can find if you are looking for local life experience and relax life style. Sorry not for luxury persuader.

Location,
Located inside local living area, away from crowded center, it has quiet and peaceful neighborhood. It's near West lake, good for a visit in the morning and sunset time. It's easy to access local market, you can see how people lived here and shop fresh vegs to cook. Yes, they have a well equipped kitchen to use.

Room,
Bed was soft and warm. Pillow, blanket, bedding..nothing to complain. The staff clean everyday, and change sheets for new guests. You have personal plugs and light accessible. Also curtain to keep privacy. Indoor toilet was clean all the time. The room remind me of another good hostel in Kyrgyzstan, it was duet hostel. Also recommend.

Sanitation,
Nothing to complain, worth a praise. At least I feel comfortable here.

Facilities and environment,
Kitchen, washing machine, fridge free of access. The common area was amazing.It's like a traditional living room in the countryside of Taiwan. They have several different kinds of fruit trees in the yard, I had fresh star fruit just now which I pick by myself. All I can hear here is natural sound for the insects and birds, sometimes The neighbors who walk by and the bark from their dog . They have one dog and one cat which get along well. The color style of the house is nothing but make me comfortable, the moment you work in, you would like it.

I booked 2 days, and end up stayed 4 days.( And maybe more after) I feel totally relax here. The staff here are the reasons too. They are friendly and helpful, easygoing like your own friend. They don't sell tours,(if you need, they definitely can help), they keep everyone a personal silent space, also enjoyed themselves. It's much more happy to see people who work here also enjoy and are happy.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo