Review Highlights
Andy

Outstanding landscape with chilli atmosphere, thanks andy to make my day. Very hepful and his... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Thaott94
via mobile
Andy

All hail Andy for making my day in Halong bay more joyful and unforgetable, thanks for taking care... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Linh P
via mobile

All reviews free beer guide alex amazing tour titop island party boat nice trip a lot of fun great guide pearl farm cooking class room was clean one night squid fishing two days spring rolls ti top island happy hour
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t waste your money. This is one of the cheaper cruises and was still a waste. Pay more if you can for a lot better.
Pros:
1) they pick you up close to where your staying and give you water on the bus
2) free beer is a fair description you help yourself to a keg for an hour (beer is gross of course though)
3) bed was comfy and there’s air con and fans in the room
4) some hot water but it’s turned on and off a lot
5) pool table was fun
6) there was plenty of food for everyone
7) you got to use the aux
Cons:
1) NOT GOOD for vegans or vegetarians
2) staff on board not friendly
3) called a ‘party cruise’ yet they make you get up at 6:30 in the morning
4) very tight schedule where you are unable to do your own thing on the boat and just chill out
5) ‘free wine and fruit’ was one less than small glass of wine and 1/4 of an apple and a biscuit! Ridiculous!
6) kayaks were very slimy and dirty inside
7) this annoyed me the most- we were told we go to a cave on the second day. We got into a boat and had a local lady steer us round some of halong bay for 20 minutes- no cave at all!
8) extremely expensive drinks
9) free Fanta and vodka was flat
10) cooking class is making afew spring rolls half asleep because you’ve been woken up so early
11) fishing for squid was sitting at the front of the boat with a bamboo fishing line expecting something to happen

Overall- don’t bother.

1  Thank maisyb2018
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I've just got home from a beautiful holiday in Vietnam with my partner! One of the first trips we made was to Halong Bay and the place/views are stunning! However our experience was made even more pleasurable by our tour guide, the ever charming and charismatic Bobby D!!! He goes beyond the call of duty and ensures everyone on board has the best trip possible! He really made this trip for me! The amazing scenery and views speak for themselves, but if you want an enhanced experience MAKE SURE YOU GET BOBBY AS YOUR GUIDE!! He is the man, and he has a golden microphone, what a dude!!!

So. . . thank you Bobby!

James (Huge Hairy Mountain)

3  Thank JamesM7474
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I did some thorough research about Ha Long bay and the overnight cruises. Despite hearing that the bay is over populated with boats and rubbish, we read many positive reviews as well so we took the risk and booked.
We are both in our 20’s and wanted to be with other travellers of our own age or similar. We booked through a travel agent in the streets of Hanoi and she assured us that golden bay cruises are full of young backpackers and that it has a party atmosphere. Upon boarding the boat after a 4 hour bus ride, it was obvious that the sales woman told us a big fat fib because we were the only young westerners on the boat. The rest were 50 yr plus Chinese and Vietnamese ( which is fine but not what we were expecting when we mentioned that we wanted to meet people). The rooms are what you pay for, small but cosy. We had no hot water for our showers. Food was good, not amazing but definitely edible and plentiful. You won’t be hungry!
The biggest disappointment was the activities. All of the boats ( hundreds) have the EXACT same itinerary so all of the boats arrive at each activity at the same time and unload thousands of people. The first stop, surprise cave was a nightmare. Not pleasant at all... there was an hour line to even get into the cave and once we got in, we were herded like cattle through the cave. Same experience at the titop island. I’ve attached photos of the cave.

The kayaking was ok. My partner was sick so I was alone on the second day. I wanted to kayak on my own instead of with a stranger and the tour guide insisted that I must go with another man or I will have to pay extra if I want to kayak on my own. ANYWAY.. there’s a lot I could say here. Overall the experience was over touristy, underwhelming and too structured. Halong bay is beautiful but full of rubbish and the surface of water is covered in a lovely slick of oil from all of the boats. Give it a miss.

2  Thank marissamc2018
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I was a solo female traveler and met some really great people on this cruise. Our guide Bobby D was AMAZING right from the start. He really made our time so wonderful and joyous! We had such a blast! I highly recommend doing 2 nights in Halong Bay as we saw even more beautiful sights our second day. This was an unforgettable experience! Great people, amazing staff, good food...and of course...Bobby D...a legend! Thank you so much for this wonderful time!

4  Thank Brandilyn H
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Quang was a great tour guide, always checking if we were ok. Great food and entertainment, would definitely recommend :)

2  Thank ellietew1