“Quite similar to a lot of other places in Pattaya”

Klein Heidelberg Restaurant
Ranked #273 of 1,195 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 2 May 2018

There are a bunch of restaurants like this in Pattaya. Particularly in the surrounding Naklua area. I find them all to be quite similar.
My first time here I tried to order the famers omelette with potato. This was met with an abrupt "no" .It was about 5.30pm and there were only 2 other customers. Fair enough. So I ordered tuna pasta and snitzel with mushroom sauce.
Returned next morning to try the omelette.
Also tried the pork tenderloin with speatzle in cream sauce with mushroom etc. Wife had pad siew.I agree with the other reviewer that the food is a little bland accross the board. All dishes I tried I needed to add a lot of salt and pepper to them. If not for this they would be considerably better.
Staff and service is just average. Some good. Some abrupt. Some don't understand.
One thing I want to mention is the milkshakes. The are the real deal. No icey Thai style shakes here. It was delicious made with real milk and ice cream.
I also enjoy Thai food and although it is a little higher priced here I found the flavour to be good and the portion above average.
For the record I was told breakfast is only served until 15.00.
Avergae cost for a snizel or something is around 180 baht.
Wifi was not working first time but the other times it was working and fast.
So I may return for the omelette again at some stage. The food is not bad I just wish the Chef would season it a little better.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

If you fancy a filling breakfast, this place is great. Despite it's German audience, they do a good full English (really useful if you're planning a day out and need a good feed). Good value as well with nice staff

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Great little German restaurant in north pattaya 1 km north of dolphin circle, turn left this was my favorite breakfast eating place, tasty sausages eggs and beans, an older but clean restaurant with authentic German food.really good coffee!
also ate lunch there-very good schnitzel sauerkraut .This area of Pattaya has many wonderful duetch resturants and they were all very good! I will return.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

i had the german breakfast for 155 baht at real bargain with freshly baked bread, cheese & ham, 2 cooked eggs, 2 coffee's and orange juice was perfect
wife & kid tried thai food whick came out in a big portion and perfectly cooked.
Will go back for breakfast in future for sure and even try dinner as their menu looked promising. Perfect service as well.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I was looking forward to dinner here as a German friend highly recommended. We visited recently with our lical wives. Restaurant is clean and open witg good service. Menu has all the usual Deutsch dishes...but the food was just average ti me, I lived in Germany for years and was expecting better...Pattaya has better German places. I ordered the Jagerschnitzel and my lady the Cordon Bleu...I've had better at an English pub, not real good. Bland and tasteless, my mate and his wife had a pork filet dish which looked much better. I also had the flagglesuppe...also bland. Prices are good, daily special for 250 baht includes soup and dessert/coffee. Probably won't go back...too many other German joints in town.