“Steak Lovers Delight”

The Butcher
Ranked #165 of 1,342 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 24 March 2015

I would highly recommend The Butcher Lamai in Koh Samui, especially if you’ve been traveling around and need a break from pad thai and green thai curries.

I had the 250g medium rare fillet served with coleslaw, a baked potato and wild mushroom sauce (on the side). Probably the best steak I’ve eaten in Asia (from re-collection). The bread is from a local French patisserie, really tasty served with herb butter that is good quality. The Malbec was an excellent accompaniment. 250g and 450g of nett meat. There’s plenty are other options on the menu, burgers, stuffed jackets, ribs etc but the signature dish is steak. I was with 2 Parisians who know their steak / food well and they also were very impressed.

The French owner is from Lyon but has been in the business and Asia for 15+ years, he’s knows good food produce, a modest and un-assuming man who knows good customer service and genuinely wants his guest to have a great dining experience. There is pride in his food and that clearly comes through in the quality, presentation and service.

2  Thank LndnrINSG

Reviewed 23 March 2015 via mobile

Was recommended to me by the manager of the Weekender Villas a guesthouse I was staying at and very glad I went. By saying one of the best steaks I've had in Thailand let's keep that in perspective as I gave up on ordering steaks a long time ago here in Thailand as good ones are far and few between. I ordered the US Black Angus tenderloin along with corn, baked potato and pepper sauce and everything was superb especially the steak. Couple glasses of house red wine and a brownie for dessert set me back 1300B and was well worth it. Another great steak I had was at the Argentinian Steakhouse in Bangkok but that set me back about 4000B. Check this guy out, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank KBGGregg
Reviewed 13 March 2015

If your after a good (excellent) Steak look no longer, The Butchers, in Lanai, Koh Samui.
Wash it down with a bottle recommended by the one of the crew and your in for a mouth watering experience. The service is great with friendly staff always there if needed.
It's a small place so it doesn't get crowded. Book a head so as not be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

Very good meat & fish. I tried the salmon filet with rice which was outstanding. Prices are a bit higher than at surrounding venues but given the quality of food it is absolutely justified. Staff is superfriendly. The chef, whom I assume to be the owner, even came out of the kitchen to ask if everything was alright. Excellent experience

Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

Undoubtedly this restaurant is the best Steakhouse in Thailand. The best Australian and American beef, never frozen, and the most unbelievable burgers outside of NYC.